Saturday, July 23, 2011

Neighbors


I think one of the scariest things about moving into a new house are the neighbors. I had always said that when it came time to buying another house I was going to "interview" the neighbors first. Well, God made it beyond clear that He wanted us to live where we do now, so I decided that whether we liked our new "family" or not, we were here to stay!

Thankfully, we happen to have the best neighbors in the world!!! AND it's not just the neighbors on either side of us... The entire block is great! Because everyone actually likes each other and is friendly, we have block parties. We rope off the street and hang out all day! This is truly an amazingly rare find! A lot of the kids are grown, however, we are placed perfectly in the middle of two families. One that has three boys and another that has three girls and one boy (and two that don't live at home anymore)! My boys are the youngest (not by much though) but I love it that way for so many reasons. My tops reasons being: 1. Isaac seems to play better with older kids and they teach him new tricks/skills. 2. The girls think Parker is absolutely adorable so they have no problem giving him all the attention he wants. 3. We get hand-me-downs. 4. I don't have to chase down every ball that goes in the street. 5. I can sit in my beach chair and take pictures while other kids entertain my boys! Playing tag, soccer, and baseball are not easy these days!

Thank you God for great neighbors with lots of little kids! 

Isaac and Tiffany playing Toy Story

Parker playing in the "outfield"
I need to get a video of him playing baseball. He hits the ball off the tee, takes off to run the bases, which we don't have so he makes them up as he goes, and then slides into home, which is also a base we don't have so you never know where he's going to land. And of course you have to cheer for him at the end! He's such a stud!

No comments: