Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

 Happy Independence Day! We took two days to celebrate this year. The 3rd was Sunday and our church always does a great job of remembering those who gave their lives and then in the afternoon the boys and I baked treats for daddy and the rest of the guys at the fire station. The 4th was spent at the station, napping, and seeing fire works. What a great holiday... See, here's proof! ;)


3rd of July photo shoot! Parker wouldn't ditch the binkie and Isaac wouldn't give a "normal" face... Typical!


My little bakers!

The yummy treats!
Red, white, and blue gummy bear cupcakes, white chocolate-blue sugar dipped strawberries, and star sugar cookies! We colored the cookie dough and it turned out pink instead of red... Oh well!

And this is why I don't like to bake... Boys were sound to sleep but I still had to clean :(
My feet were a little swollen that night...

Click on collage to enlarge...

Parker's favorite:
To sit in the front seat and make faces at himself in the side mirrors! Hilarious!

Isaac's favorite:
To sit in the engine with Daddy and talk back and forth on the head phones!

Here is a comparison of the boys. Isaac on July 4th at Parker's age. This was Isaac at his blondest...

Because the boys (and I) took such GOOD afternoon naps I decided that I would be daring and take them to see fireworks. We still continued the usual night time routine- bath and pajamas but then climbed in the car instead of bed. We went to a local park that I didn't think would be too crowded 'cause it was a good distances from the main city firework's show... Yeah, I was wrong. This park happens to be at the top of a hill and has a great view so it was packed. Grrr! It took forever to find parking and then I had to carry all our gear plus Parker up the huge hill. Isaac was excited to be out after dark and Parker was completely impressed with the show! It was a lot of work on my part so I'm hoping Shaun doesn't work next year! It was hard enough with two boys and a big belly. Not sure I want to do it with three!

2 comments:

BluRayn said...

Oh girlfriend, I commend you!!! I took my two big boys to see fireworks last nite but we went and found a place that wasn't (too)crowded. I left Kian home with Daddy and the boys and I stayed in the car, lol. We had a very full day though (ok, *I* did cuz I was cooking all day it seemed) Ah well, we had a great view of downtown San Diego's fireworks (where over 850,000 people were expected to go...ummm...no thanks, I'll take my far off view from a hillside!!) and the up close ones from a local park (but not too close that we had to deal with that traffic either, lol) We didn't get out cuz we were just parked along the side of a street of a neighborhood in the hills so wouldn't see anything more 'outside' than we did 'inside' the car with the windows down, plus we could hear the music from the fireworks from downtown. :)

All that to say...YOU ROCK, MAMA!! Huge kudos to you!!! Definitely worth it for the memories though!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! Your treats looked SO cute! Seriously really cute! I LOVE the idea of the strawberries! They looked amazing. If only I liked white chocolate! lol So glad you had a great time. This was the first year we were actually at home for the 4th as we have always been away at the beach. But who knew we had an absolutely gorgeous view of the fireworks right from our backyard! I was in shock and actually kind of disappointed that we had missed so many years of it! The HS two streets down does a huge show and we are up on hill so it was a perfect view and the fireworks were huge still. Can't believe we have missed it for the past few years that the school has been doing it. Oh well.

Ruth