Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beach Boys

 Growing up in Arizona meant that beach trips were few and FAR between and that we were probably lucky if we got to go twice a year. It's not easy (or cheap) packing up three kids and driving six hours to play in the sand. When I moved to California in 2000 it was as if I was living in my childhood vacation spot. The beach was so close... (Only a quick trip down the 91 freeway that's never crowded. HA)! However, after visiting other beaches, like Hawaii or Belize, I soon realized that Cali beaches were gross and I totally wasn't impressed anymore. I didn't go as often and didn't care that I lived so close to my "dream spot." BUT, now having kids that love the water and don't care how cold it is... That love the sand and don't care how full of kelp it is... That love the little tiny dead crab bodies all over and don't care that there aren't any turtles swimming by... That don't care to snorkel 'cause you can't see past your hand if you put it out in front of you... They just love the beach, any beach! All this to say... That as a parent, I'm loving California beaches again!

Jump! Jump! Jump! And roll in the sand and get completely covered from head to toe!


Smile! smile! smile! And look so cute while doing it!

We had a great, great, great day!

No comments: