Saturday, November 27, 2010

Family Camping

At the end of last week/beginning of this week, we had a "family first" trip! We went camping!!! Well, I guess we've been before but not just the four of us. We have wonderfully generous friends that let us use their trailer... Because running water and electricity is what I call camping! Other than it being freezing (ignore the fact that Shaun wore shorts the whole time) and Parker face planting it on the playground (see below pictures), we had so much fun! One day we took a two hour nature walk in the morning and then did it all over again in the afternoon. Everything around us was so beautiful and there was so much to explore! Our bonfires at night didn't go so well though. The fire was a little intense for Isaac and I was scared that Parker was going to trip and fall in (the kid can't sit still). We look forward to having a trailer someday and being able to do this more often. BUT, in the meantime, we'll keep mooching off our friends! Thanks Vazquez family! You are amazing!
Self timers on cameras are GREAT!

Parker and his boo-boo! The first picture was taken once he calmed down and the other picture was what he looked like the next day! Poor guy hit so hard. No parent wants to see their child's mouth full of blood!

Isaac took this picture. It's a little far away but look how centered it is! Not bad kid!

This was Isaac's first smore! He knows that daddy puts out fires so he was a little confused when daddy started the fire. These pictures of Parker crack me up. I saw him discover the marshmallow bag, stick his hand in, and then devour one like it was nothing. What's even funnier is that even though the marshmellow is in his right check, his left check is just as big! It's the same marshmallow by the way. I just clicked as fast as I could!

The boys loved climbing all over these huge rocks!


Parker with mommy and daddy. I was so focused on getting a good picture with my second born that I didn't even get one with my first born... Oops!

Isaac time!


Parker time!


I love seeing my boys enjoy each other!
I love this one of Parker. I wish I had a picture of what was making him smile... Big brother jumping around like crazy!

Feeling so blessed during this Thanksgiving and Christmas season!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Ok Erica, these pics are amazing! camping is near and dear to my heart. These pics are priceless!