Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Anyone but Mommy!


Parker may look like the perfect little angel but getting to this sweet and peaceful state of sleep has been quite challenging lately. From Parker's first day of life he was easy. He slept a lot and just chilled. He went with the flow and was so content. By two months he worked himself into a schedule. He was going to bed at 7:30 and only up for one nightly feeding. I was thanking God for a calm child 'cause Isaac has been loud and crazy from day one. He was colicky and we had to teach him to self sooth at night, which included some crying (from him and me)! 

In the past couple of months Parker has "woken up." He has discovered his inner strength and it scares me to say but he is far more stubborn and strong willed than Isaac. Examples: 1. He will sit in front of his favorite food and not eat it just to prove a point. 2. If he is in time out and calling for me, as soon as I return to him he will stop and either hide his face or completely turn his back on me. 3. (my favorite) Within the past two weeks he has put up a terrible fight at bed time... BUT just for me. One night I called Shaun at work and put him on speaker phone. He was easily able to get Parker to stop crying, lay down, and go to sleep. Pathetic! The next night I coached Isaac on what to tell him and Parker went to sleep for him. Last night, my mom (who came yesterday) had to go in and tell him to lay down. See, everyone but me!!! Nights that I'm alone I end up carrying him to my bed and he falls asleep in two minutes. Then I take him back to his bed. I'm not apposed to him crying, I just feel bad for his roommate, Isaac.

I know it's the age (approaching two), he's a mama's boy, a new baby is coming into his world, and he daily has to learn to share with big brother (Isaac never had to). BUT I find myself now praying that Blake will be the easy child that I thought Parker was going to be! Wait, is there even a such thing as an "easy child"? :-/

No comments: