Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My big day!

 Happy 25th birthday to me!!! I've been turning 25 since 2007 and it's not easy! ;) I can't even imagine what 26 will be like, but I guess I may never have to find out!!!

Yes, that is my way of admitting that today I turned 29 years old! This means that I only have one more year 'til I'm over my first hill! *deep breath*

My special day has been a little rough the past two years. Last year I had a horrible head cold and the year before I had the flu. Other then a waddle in my walk and kicks to my bladder, I am feeling pretty healthy this year! My boys did an amazing job of making me feel so special too. It started with a sweet kiss and a "happy birthday, sleep in as long as you want!" from Shaun. He set his phone to white noise (because you'd think Isaac had a built in microphone in the mornings), set it on my night stand, and told me to call the house phone when I woke up. At 8 o'clock ('cause that's when Blake decided to start celebrating) I called and breakfast was brought up to me as well as super cute, homemade cards... Hand prints included! Isaac was beyond excited and couldn't stop telling me happy birthday. We had a relaxing morning as Shaun put together one of my presents (a console table perfect for an awkward space in our house). I took my time getting ready then we headed out for an early lunch at Red Robin. This is one of my favorite restaurants... It has become a tradition to eat there on my birthday. It started when I turned 21 (or was it 22?). Anyway, we enjoyed our bottomless fries then headed over to Bass Pro Shop (just another reminder that I live in a boy world)! I was thrilled that we all got in naps (well, maybe not Shaun) and then enjoyed our 70 degree weather with some outside family time. Next came dinner, baths and story time for the boys, and Shaun is now out getting frozen yogurt while I blog and look for a movie!

The day was simply wonderful...   

Today... I love how Isaac is always so serious in pictures!


Last year... Isaac keeping it real!

Today... BIG boys!

Last year... My boys were so little. But then again, so was I! ;)

30 week belly shot!
Shaun says ONLY 10 weeks to go! But I say STILL 10 weeks to go? 

Birthday celebrations continue tomorrow with Shaun's family, on Saturday with my friend Adriana (who joined us today for lunch), and next week with my family in Arizona! My BIRTHday may be on the 1st, but I somehow always make the party last all month!

3 comments:

travis and hayley said...

girl... YOU look amazing at 30 weeks!!!!!! wow... and you are on #3... seriously, you look beautiful. and i am so glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday!!! enjoy your movie and frozen yogurt :)

Kevin and Bekah said...

Hey! I'm 25 this year, too! And last year, and the year before that . . . Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Erica :) Glad you had a good day!

Ruth