Thursday, June 16, 2011

59-11


Last month my dad called me and said that he was going to throw a surprise birthday party for my mom on June 9th... A whole month earlier than her real birthday! He knows that I typically won't come in the summer and that it is hard traveling with the boys so he was willing to fly me out just for the party. I laughed at him... Yeah, like mom wants to see me. Everyone knows it's all about the grand babies. Shaun happened to be working most of the days that week so I just told my dad that the boys and I would come for the week. It was in the 90s, which isn't horrible. BUT it didn't help knowing that it was low 70s back home.

Two days before the party my dad just felt that things weren't right. Aaron was flying in to surprise my mom, Lisa was going to be there with her family, and the boys and I were there. But someone was missing... Shaun was the only person that wasn't going to be there. He was scheduled to work the day of and the two days after the party so we never even tried to fit him into the plan (he's saving days for when the baby comes). As you can see from the picture above, he came. When your father-in-law is willing to book you a two day's notice flight, you take it. He was able to trade the days and fly in Thursday morning and then fly back Friday night. Shaun and my dad didn't tell me so it was quite the surprise for me when he showed up with my brother! My mom was thrilled, not to mentioned overwhelmed! We are NEVER all together... Someone is ALWAYS missing!
  
Happy 59 years and 11 months!
This was my dads doing... He got my mom a Spiderman cake 'cause he knew Isaac and Parker would like it!

The boys!

My parents with their grandkids... Had to have Ailee in the picture 'cause it could be their only granddaughter. ;)

The boys did a lot of this!

Parker just wants to cuddle all the time!

See... He crawled up to cuddle with Maddox! I caught him before he started body slamming.

I had Maddox to myself for a while so we had a little photo session... His mommy doesn't take many pictures so it may be up to me! ;)

Again... Iso and his dogs!

2 comments:

Maddox's mommy said...

Maddox's mommy does take pictures. His mommy takes probably 10 pictures compared to his Tati's 500!

Amanda said...

It's so cool that you were all together for your mom's birthday! I love your family!!