Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Day... At HOME!!!

I absolutely loved this Christmas!!! Besides the fact that we had big news to share, we actually got to spend the day as a family. You see, Shaun has worked over half of our married Christmases, including our first Christmas married and both boy's first Christmas (he is scheduled to work next Christmas too which I guess would only be fair for the new baby). Last year I stayed home with the boys all day and didn't see anyone (Shaun wasn't at his normal station so we didn't go visit). This year we actually had a Christmas Eve on the 24th and a Christmas morning on the 25th... No having to change dates and pretend it's Christmas... It was just like I remember from when I was growing up! AND my parents and brother were able to join us (2006 has been my only married Christmas with them). I'm ok with being married to a fireman because we usually enjoy Christmas at the station with all the families, but there's nothing like Christmas morning in your own home!   

First picture of the morning... On our way down stairs to open presents!  


The first thing Isaac asked when he woke up was, "Did Santa come and fill my stocking?"
Isaac and his new shark bike from Santa!

Parker giving my dad the present from him... And then taking it back! :)

Parker enjoying books with matching stuffed animals

This is how we told my family we were pregnant.
Because the boys got so many birthday presents, my parent's gifts to them turned into Christmas presents. So, I went ahead and wrapped them up and put them under the tree... Along with a special ornament that said "Middle Child." While we were opening presents, I put Parker on my mom's lap with one of the presents I told her was from her. She was confused because she couldn't remember buying him something that was that size, but she went with it anyway! Once she was able to read the ornament and piece together that Parker wasn't going to be the baby anymore, she screamed for a good five minutes! Priceless!

Uncle Aaron got Isaac this basketball hoop. Parker loves it just as much as Isaac does!

Our big gifts to each other this year were bikes!
When Isaac gets tired, he joins Parker in the trailer!
Hope you had a very Merry Christmas too!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

NO WAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!

xoxox

Emily Burton said...

Andy saw the gift Isaac got from his uncle and well...he wants to come over to visit you guys!