Wednesday, December 15, 2010

8 days and counting...

 Last Tuesday afternoon Parker had a little runny nose. No big deal, right? WRONG!!! If you're a mother (or father) of a teething child, then you know that that is a horrible sign of what's to come. By the next day there was a constant flood of gunk, which meant we had a very grumpy baby! Most of our plans were cancelled and Shaun and I tag teamed outings. One would stay home with Parker and the other would go out with Isaac. The days only continued to get worse, including nights, and in a blur we are now on day 8 of poor Parker's sickness. Last night was by far the worst. He was up at 3am and by 4:30 there was NO soothing him! He was in pain. I think he finally relaxed and fell asleep around 6am. At 10:30 I took him to the doctors and she told me that he had an eye infection (which I knew) and an ear infection (which I didn't know because he never even touched his ear). AND the rash that had developed all over his chest and back was just part of him being sick. Because he also wasn't eating, he had lost a whole pound from last Monday! I know it's bad when my kids don't eat! 
We're hoping that after starting antibiotics today, that tomorrow will be the light at the end of the tunnel! I have never seen Parker this traumatized! He is such a happy, independent little guy. This week has been the complete opposite. He now has a few molars but still some massive, swollen bumps in the back of his mouth (he bites my finger when I try to feel for teeth).
I am also so thankful that my boys have a wonderful daddy that has helped 110%. I don't know how I would have done this by myself. Shaun is so patient and so gentle. But, he's also super strong and that helps when it comes to holding down a screaming child that needs eye drops!
I got my Christmas cards from Shutterfly in the mail, but by the time I send them out they may have turned into New Years cards! And eventually the furniture will get dusted and the floors will get mopped, but in the meantime, I'll be loving on my babies and trying to enjoy the Christmas season before it's gone!!!
His eye actually looks better in this picture. One day it was so red and swollen that he could hardly open it. It looked like he had been in a fight! :(
The line up...
Benadryl, binkie, eye drops, fever reducer, teething tablets (that have been recalled... I know), nerf dart and Spiderman web (aka: teethers), ear medicine, and cold medicine. Also, notice the EMPTY tissue box in the background! The only "soother" not pictured is his blankie! Oh, and the booger sucker is MIA. But that is definitely something that Parker wants to go missing! AND of course we didn't use all these drugs at the same time...

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Poor baby. We are going through the teething phase as well. Janeta has 6 teeth and is biting everything in pain!