Sunday, December 12, 2010

Black Friday

Shaun and I decided that we needed to start our Christmas traditions the day after Thanksgiving. The day begins with me getting to do a little shopping (but not at 3am, just whenever I wake up). Of course I'm shopping for others, but I still keep an eye out for what I want so I can send Shaun out when I get home! ;) After shopping, lunch, and naps, we decorate the house... Inside and out! The boys "help" Shaun put the lights up and then they come in and "help" me put the tree up! This year they just ended up playig with all the nativity scenes. The night ends with pizza for dinner and popcorn and a movie for dessert!   
"Helping" daddy hang lights. The boys loved playing peek a boo under the ladder and eating snacks in the wagon! I didn't so much like when Shaun went to the very top of the house. Do you see how he got there? Yeah, I know he climbs ladders and battles heights for a living... BUT I bet he doesn't use folding chairs at work!

Enjoying our popcorn and movie. Instead of a Santa movie we watched "silent Night." It's a cartoon movie about the night Jesus was born... There's a twist though. It's about the donkey that Mary rode all the way to Bethlehem.

Decorating the tree (which to Parker means to un-decorate)! Isaac had to reprimand Parker a few times because he wouldn't leave his Thomas the Train ornament alone!

The Jesse Tree is another tradition we started this year. This one begins on Dec. 1st though. Instead of the typical "25 day count down to Christmas candy" we now read a passage in the Bible and hang an ornament that relates to what we read. There are many different types of Jesse Trees but ours are the 25 people that led up to Christ's birth. Read about the Jesse Tree here.

Second night of the Jesse Tree

No comments: