Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rewind: Pre-Surgery

Well, both of my babies are napping. I should be too, but I have been trying to blog since Sunday so if I don't do it now... I might not ever! I'll see if I can make it quick!
Last Friday was our first, of three, big summer trips, a family reunion in the mountains (the others are of course canceled - Havasu and Hawaii). Shaun wasn't in pain (yet) and surgery was still a day away, so we decided to go so he could have one last outing. Our time was short, but it was a good distraction for Shaun and Isaac loved all the attention from grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Here are a few pictures of the gang.

The Higgins Family


Clock wise from Shaun: His mom, cousin Erin, sister Kimberly, Papa, brother Matthew and Isaac, cousin Kellen and her boyfriend John, cousin Gabriele, Aunt Terry and Uncle Jim, sister Courtney, his dad, and Grandma. It's not the clearest picture but it works. There was more family that arrived later.


Isaac LOVES books. Reading is the only time you will see him still.



Grandpa took Isaac outside to play in the water and feel the dirt between his toes!



What kind of trip would it be without Guitar Hero!?!






Holy cow! My lap top battery died and I lost my internet connection. So, two days and now an added five hours later, I am beyond done with this darn post.

Isaac here! I told mommy that I would take over. Daddy is feeling a lot better. The first day was horrible though. He said that on a scale from 1 to 10 his pain was a 12. Ouch!!! Yesterday was better than today but hopefully the worst is over! Daddy hangs out on the couch day and night but we've had a lot of time to read together! I am also sooooo much faster than him. When he crawls to the bathroom I take off with him. I have time to flick the door stop, check under the rug, knock magnets off the fridge, and I STILL beat him everytime!

Just catching up on a little hospital waiting room reading...


Daddy was taking waaaay too long...


So many wires and buttons to play with. No wonder why mommy passed me off to the nurses. That's ok though, I had three brunettes all to myself!

Doing what we do best... Reading, reading, reading!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrica!!! Hehehe it's me melissa garcia I'm so excited to read your blog! I had no idea you had a baby he is so precious!

Ruth said...

lHey guys... thats right, i got married, finally : ) But all is going well and next time you come out let me know. I would love to see you guys. give me a call or text 702-672-6486.

James