Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh to be five!

Isaac loves school! Never once have we had to force him to go... And we're at the end of the year! This has really been a great beginning for him! Every time I pick him up, he's quick to tell me that he played Star Wars, Ninja Turtles, Ninjago, and anything else super hero. My guess was that these were recess activities but, Isaac told me that he plays them inside the classroom too. Isaac is a very physical little boy and has had some issues with being too rough. I could only imagine how chaotic it would be to have 15 little boys playing Ninja Turtles in the classroom. However, when I pulled out the counting cubes today, I understood that inside play wasn't as crazy as I thought...

when I pulled out these cubes today Isaac got so excited. I was shocked that he wanted to do some math. Of course I was wrong. He took them right away and began to build while telling me that he has these in class. He made four separate stacks. As you can see in the picture they are green and brown with different colored tops: purple, blue, red, and orange. It made me laugh cause I knew exactly who these stacks represented... Donatello, Leonardo, Raphael, and Mikey. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! These boys are so desperate to play that they don't even need to bring their figures. They create them in class. Their imaginations are priceless!

P.S. For all you TMNT fans... He also made a black and white one for Shredder. Can't have any heroes if you don't have a bad guy!

No comments: