Monday, May 20, 2013

Half Birthdays, Stats, Quotes, and Words of the Week

I have separated my life into two categories... Life before kids and life after kids. It's funny how the 5 1/2 years with kids feels the same length of time as my 25 years without kids. I can't remember what life was like before I became a mommy and took on so much worry and responsibility. One thing both stages have in common though is they seem to be a blur. My high school memories seem just as long ago as when I held Isaac in my arms for the first time.

Mother's Day marked 5 1/2 years of chaos motherhood for me. The hardest best years of my life! On Saturday I was reminded of my continued role in life when Parker turned 3 1/2 years old and Blake turned 21 months! It was a big week of recognizing half birthdays and getting that much closer to celebrating Blake's 2nd birthday! I don't miss having all the bulky baby contraptions that take up way too much space. However, I do miss onesies, baby breath, diapers that don't stink, tiny fingers, and itty bitty coos. The fact that everyone sleeps through the night is probably my favorite part!

I'm thankful that God gave me three (relatively) easy pregnancies, three six-hour labors (that seemed way shorter than that thanks to the epidural), and three healthy, energetic, and happy boys! I pray that they live up to the meaning of their names. Isaac- laughter. Parker- protector. Blake- powerful. Today Isaac's teacher told me that he was such a joy to have in class. Parker's Bible study teacher told me that when Blake's in class with him, Parker follows him around and protects him from other kids. And I have observed that Blake's growl is quite fierce when he shows is strong muscles! There are still days that I wonder what it would be like to have a little girl but, then I'm reminded of one of Isaac's class sayings... you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! These boys have filled my love tank to the point of overflow!

26 pounds of pure love!
Not sure why he chose a pink helmet but, this kid doesn't need Toys R Us... Just take him to Sports Authority and it's like a day at Disneyland for him!

Blake is now saying shoot the ball.
Well... Kinda...
I guess it sounds more like sh** ball! :/ 

How in the world does he do that!?!
 
I made the mistake of leaving my scrapbook stuff out and then going and taking a shower. When I got out Blake had 12 buttons in his mouth. He seemed to choke on each one as I tried to fish hook them out of his mouth!
 
48 pounds of solid muscle!
Not much tree to climb but, he'll still try!
 
Isaac's word of the week is process. Not sure why but, when my boys pick up a new word, they try to use it as much as they can. At dinner, Parker was having a hard time eating and Isaac asked if it was a process to get Parker to eat food. Another time they were all in the trampoline and Isaac told Blake not to come near him and Parker because they were having a process (aka: wrestling/tackling).

37 pounds of... I don't know... he leaves me speechless...
 
Parker's word of the week was disrespectful. Parker and Isaac were playing in their room and I guess there was a problem because Parker came out and told me that Isaac was being disrespectful and trying to get him to sin. "And I don't want to sin, Mommy" he assured me!
 
Parker also gets confused as to when he needs to say, I forgive you.
Example:
Parker: Isaac, can I please have that Ninja Turtle.
(Isaac passes over the turtle)
Parker: Thank you
Isaac: You're welcome
Parker: I forgive you!
 
 
Five minutes of watching my boys play Wii Sports and you'll be able to nail down their personalities:
Parker was calm, quiet, and focused while trying to learn new skills. Isaac was loud, got super mad when he couldn't do something great the first time, and there wasn't a cushion on either couch that he didn't jump on. Oh, and Blake, he stood in the front (wearing my head band) and cheered anytime something good happened!
 
These boys mean business when they ask if they can play in shaving cream!

And no, we didn't count them. Isaac said there were too many to count!

No comments: