Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kauai: Day 5

Today was bitter sweet. Sweet because I got my favorite pictures from the trip (so even if you stop reading here, make sure you scroll to the bottom to see my Hawaiian boys) and bitter because it was our last full day! Even though blogging about our vacation has taken forever (forever), it was really just a blink of the eye! Never long enough!

 
Everyone seemed to be moving slower today... Taking it all in, soaking up the last day, simply relaxing. Maybe we were finally learning the island way. I wish life back home could be this chill! Can you imagine driving 30 mph on the freeway? Or someone letting you go in front of you even if it's their turn? Or giving you an extra large shaved ice even though you paid for a large!?!

The boys got to enjoy one last park and then headed off with Ammah and Papa to see wild animals. Shaun was able to devour more shaved ice, and I was able to take a long walk (alone) on the beach.     
Mr. Bed Hog!

Since there wasn't any room left in the bed I got up and took pictures of these beauties. They were right outside our door!


A cool park!


Yes, I did sit on this log and cry! It's part of my love obsession sickness with these islands.

Passing of the birthday month!
My birthday is June 1st and Matthews is June 30th. I usually hog the whole month but, this year I was willing to share! ;) 

Vanilla bean and cotton candy WITH snow cap... Not very tropical but still the best!

Banana-pineapple and mango WITH macadamia nut ice cream!

~~~~~~~~~~

Below are my FAVORITE pictures! 





Of course the leis turned into weapons!

No comments: