Monday, July 9, 2012

Kauai: Day 3

Dang it! Pictures recovered... I'm now 30!

I woke up to texts from family and friends and smiles from all my little men! I couldn't help but be excited that it was my birthday... Even if it meant I was getting old! To some I am still very young and me calling myself old may be a little offensive... sorry! it's all in fun! My boys got me a sympathy card and Shaun's family got me cards with tons of candles and jokes about needing to call the fire department to put out all the candles!

After opening a few presents with my boys, we headed down to the water for a few family pictures! This is what I was most excited about so this of course meant that at least one child had to be mad and cry through the whole thing. Thanks Parker James!    

Today's adventure led us down south to Poipu. This was another highly recommended snorkeling spot we wanted to test out! Sadly, we weren't impressed. The fish were beautiful but the water was murky and the coral was colorless. however, just when we thought it was time to pack up, Kimberly (or was it Courtney:/ ) spotted a turtle right where Shaun and Matthew were snorkeling. It was huge! After I got a few pictures I grabbed my gear and jumped in the water with them (and Ammah and Papa). Snorkeling in Hawaii, with a turtle, on my birthday... Yes please!

Another sight to see in Kauai is their state bird, the chicken! I do believe they have more roosters and chickens than they have palm trees and fish! Seriously, when I say they are everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE! North, south, east, and west. Highways, dirt roads, beaches, and backyards! They are the last thing you see when you go to sleep and the first thing you hear when you are waking up! Cock-a-doodle-do! They eat food out of your hand and shade themselves under your umbrella and on your towel at the beach!

In the evening Shaun and I dropped the kids off with Ammah, Papa, Aunties, and uncle and went to dinner! Of course we added in shopping and shaved ice! It was relaxing, relaxing, and relaxing!    

We ended the night with more presents and strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting back at the condo! What a wonderful day it was!

Thank you to my family for the gifts and for making my birthday so special! I hope you're ok with the fact that I made us celebrate in Hawaii!?!

My wake up call...


...And my wake up party!


My card - Thinking of you in your sorrow! ;)


Facing the water so you can't see Parker's melt down!


The beauty of Poipu!


Brotherly love!


All the lava rock reminded me of the big island!


Shaun and Mr. Crush (from Finding Nemo)


Chasing and feeding the state bird!


Dinner! I put make up on for the first time and Shaun put deodorant on for the first time! Great!


Blake's in shock that his mommy is so old! Hehe!


We wanted a group shot but there wasn't anywhere to set the camera... This was the best we could do!

No comments: