Sunday, January 8, 2012

Super Preggo Strength

When I was pregnant with Blake I had what I would like to call, Super Preggo Strength! I was go, go, go 'til the day he was born. Yes, I was tired but, I slept hard at night and only got up once to go the bathroom (and that's pretty good. Right fellow preggers!?) I would hold Parker all the time... Or should I say, Blake would hold Parker. The belly provided the perfect seat for him. Everyone would comment on how heavy Parker was but, to me, he wasn't. I would lift him no problem and even go up and down the stairs with him, the belly, AND all the extra weight I gained during pregnancy. It was hard moving around and getting up and down but, somehow I just kept going. Even at 40 weeks Shaun and I would put the boys to bed and go for long walks (my mom was here for the boys).

Now, post baby five months, I'm exhausted and Parker is heaaaaa-vy! By lunch I'm dragging... No motivation. When the boys come running in every morning with guns and costumes in hand I tell them, mommy just needs five more minutes! I can't have caffine due to nursing (I just tried it for two days and while I felt more awake, so did Blake at 5:30 in the morning). I find myself dreaming of living in a one story house because the stairs suck the last few drops of energy out of me. These boys go and go and go and go and go and go... Get the picture!? They want ME running around with them all the time too! I'm thankful when I have to stop and nurse or change a diaper! I didn't think adding one more kid to the mix would be that bad. However, it's just one more person to need me at the same time everyone else needs me. I must say that I never realized how easy the baby stage is. Sadly, I'm figuring out that each stage does get crazier! Not to mention the pile of laundry! I should have asked for laundry soap for Christmas!

The other night I re-indroduced myself to Shaun. I just wanted him to remember he had a wife and that someday she would be able to talk to him again. Last night we took the boys to Ammah and Papa's and went to dinner... Just the two of us. As we were hugging the boys good bye, Isaac asked Shaun,  "Are you going to kiss mommy while you're out?" And when we got home Isaac asked me, "Did you kiss daddy?" I love that even though Shaun and I don't get much time together, our boys still see how much we love each other.

I need to add that even though I am beyond tired, I wouldn't trade the day to day chaos for peaceful nights and relaxing days. I know this for a fact because when I do get a little time away on my own, I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss my boys! I'm always rushing home to see them. I love how excited they get when they see me! I can't get enough of their hugs, kisses, smiles, and endless stories of what they did while I was gone!


Some favorite comstumes!

We go on nightly walks and the boys like to ride their bikes. So, of course, they have to be Finn McMissile and Francesco!

Anything can be a gun in our house. Even a straight edge and Dusty, the saw from Handy Manny.

Seriously, it never ends! We put them in their pjs and two minutes later they have capes and helmets on.

And this sweet little guy is just taking it all in. It's amazing how fast he can turn his head back and forth to watch his brothers fly by.

1 comment:

Tawny Edwards said...

So cute!! I was just talking about you with my husband last night and saying how I think I might be okay if our third would be a boy- you make it look fun!! :) we are going to SD for a week on Wednesday and I'll be thinking of you when we are at sea world and all your fun posts that you blogged last year! Should I pack shorts for my boys or is the weather still pretty cool? I think anything will be warmer than the 30 degree weather we have here!!