Monday, January 16, 2012

New Years Eve

 It's not too late to post about New Years Eve, right??? Saturday, the 31st, we headed over to the Copes house for a kid's party. Jodi and I (but mostly Jodi) planned activities for the kids every half hour. They started at six and ended at nine when the ball dropped in New York. It was chaos central with 12 little kids (3 girls and 9 boys) that were high on licorice and hot chocolate! I think it's safe to say they had the time of their life. Thanks Copes for being brave enough to open up your home to 120 sticky little fingers! Next year we'll find a way to make it even crazier so that you don't have to stay up til two in the morning playing xbox! I still don't get how you weren't beyond exhausted! :)


Dessert making
(this was the first thing the kids did... Even before pizza making for dinner)

Ligh saber fighting
(Isaac and one of his best friends, Caleb)

Luke Skywalker finding
(the kids had to take turns jumping into a big box full of stuffed animals. The one that found Luke Skywalker the fastest, won)

Peek-a-boo praying
(Parker and Nate on the stairs praying for our food. Forget folding hands)

Balloon tennis, friend cheering, and partying like it's 1999!
(the dance party was the best. These kids have moves!)

Craft making
(I love how it's all the parents finishing their child's project)

All the kids minus Caleb that fell on the floor and Blake who was upstairs sleeping! These little bodies had so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh how fun!! I gotta say I'm jealous we couldn't be there :( I am so glad you had a great time but I have to say this post in particular pulled on my heart and made me want to come back a little :( I miss fun times at the Copes home.

Ruth