Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gingerbread House

Yesterday at Sams Club I found this gingerbread house set for only $7. I had to get it! The boys (including Shaun) had so much fun putting it together and then eating decorating it. It is definitely one of our new traditions! Hopefully the boy's skills improve over the years and I won't have to flinch every time they just throw the candy on and don't make perfect color patterns. ;)    


Totally safe to say they only wanted to eat the candy. They thought decorating with it was crazy! When they were done they asked for dessert! Oh my!

Shaun put frosting on the gingerbread man and told Isaac to stick stars on them for buttons. I encouraged Isaac to use whatever candy he wanted so I told him to be creative. So, Isaac thought outside the box and instead of giving him buttons he gave him eyes! It was funny!

What a cute little elf!

Smiling for a picture as he continues to eat the fondant!

The final product! My only regret is that I didn't have them in their Christmas pjs!

Merry Christmas from the Higgins' home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That came out super cute! Well done to the Higgins boys! next year I want to make all the gingerbread pieces from scratch and have Taylor build one too. So fun!

Ruth