Monday, December 19, 2011

4 months

Our little Blake Tyler turned 4 months yesterday! Can anyone tell me where the time went?! Didn't it seem like just yesterday that I was complaining about being pregnant forever!?! I really do NOT like this growing up so fast thing! Blake may be my third boy but, he is unique in so many way! Here are his stats and special things about Blake that I never want to forget!

Weight: 19 lbs
Height: 26 7/8 inches

Blake rolled over all by himself yesterday! He has been so close all week  but finally had success. What's even more amazing is that he is already a pro at it. This kid will not stay on his back!

Blake will smile at anyone that smiles at him!

He will not take the pacifier. He prefers to sooth himself with his fist. Oh well, it works!

Blake likes to grab his right foot with his right hand and to roll to his right side. Does this mean anything? Isaac and Parker are both righties but, Shaun and I, Both lefties, were really hoping to get at least one lefty!

He is easy... He just goes with the flow!

Blake chows on his hands, which makes for a lot of drool. Not sure if he's teething or just entertaining himself. Hes found his thumb a few times and seems pretty pleased about that!

It's Blake's fault we didn't go to church last week. Shaun was working and the boys slept in, which meant we were already running late. As we were sitting enjoying a rushed breakfast Blake made some... um... well... inappropriate noises at the table. These noises led to needing a bath and a good cleaning all the way down to the toes. By the time I was done washing him, it was too late. I threw up my hands and said, "Forget it. We're staying home!"

He goes to sleep at 7:30, is up at one or three (I know, weird) for food and then back down 'til 6:30ish. That's when I pull him in bed with me and he sleeps 'til 8ish. Not bad if I do say so myself!

Blake laughs every time we take his clothes off. It's the cutest thing!

When he wakes up from his naps I roll him over (he's a tummy sleeper) and he is all smiles and giggles!

He's definitely a water baby but, loves it even more because big brothers bathe with him!

Today Parker and Blake bonked heads so I told Parker that even though it was an accident he still needed to apologize. Well, he wouldn't so I put him in time out. He played the poor me card and started crying. I took Blake over to him and Blake started laughing at crying Parker. It was hilarious! Parker knew it was funny too but, he fought back the smile and continued to pout.

When he nurses he just want to "talk" to me. I find myself having to put my head up as high as I can because he wants to smile and interact. Not so good if I'm trying to rush a feeding because we need to go somewhere!


Mama's man!

His concentrating/I'm learning something new/completely entertained look.

These two have had a special bond since day one!

Our rockstar!

I, of course, missed the best and longest laughs at the beginning but, with how happy this kid is I'm sure there will be plenty more chances!

No comments: