Monday, November 28, 2011

Transitions

 Last night each of our three boys grew up a little! They all passed down their "baby" beds and graduated to a "big boy" bed. Isaac moved from the bottom bunk to the top bunk. Parker moved from the crib to the bottom bunk. And Blake moved from the bassinet next to my bed to the crib in his very own room! While Isaac and Parker were thrilled and Blake had no idea what was going on, I was a mess. I knew I wouldn't get much sleep because I would be up checking to make sure no one rolled out of bed. What kind of mom would I be if I didn't stress and lose sleep over it!? Isaac and Parker had no problem and Blake was up for food at midnight and five. I'm glad the transition was smooth and that the big boys stayed in their beds. I know the day is coming when Parker will get up 20 times or I'll find them in bed together giggling. Until then, I'll pretend like it will be this easy every night!


Testing out their new spots!

He was so proud!


I snuck into the rooms and took pictures of them sleeping.

You can tell Parker hadn't been sleeping long 'cause he still had his blanket on.

Moving little Blake was the hardest. After leaving his room and walking back to mine, I looked at the empty bassinet next to my bed and about cried. As I took off the sheet it hit me that I'm not storing it away for another baby... It so sweetly cradled all my babies and now it's job is done in our home. My heart still aches for a girl but, I think this is my life lesson- learning to be content. God decided that three beautiful boys was exactly what I needed!   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow all growing up so very fast but fun at the same time :) Love all the pics. I know you know waaaaay more tricks than me we having had three kiddos but one I learned from my neighbour friend that has been great at keeping Taylor from rolling out of her big girl bed is rolling up a small blanket and tucking it under the edge of the mattress. It just props the bed up enough to where the kids won't roll out ;) I didn't do it the first night and she rolled right out. I did it from the second night on and haven't had a kid on the floor since :) Anyways thought I would pass that along if Parker starts rolling ;)

I hope you have many more smooth nights :)

Ruth

Alicia said...

How fun to see this transition! What a big step for all three boys! You timed it well girl! lol

travis and hayley said...

adopt a girl!!! at the world aids conference at saddleback today, they read the statistic that 6000 children will be orphaned today due to aids.
:) not like it is just that easy, but i think you would be a great mom for adopting a girl :)

Anonymous said...

I love "travis and hayley's" suggestion :) you could totally adopt a girl if you still feel like you would really like to have a little girl in your family. :)

Ruth