Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mixed emotions


I have a gazillon thoughts and feelings that I want to share, but they all seem to still be boxed up and lost somewhere in the garage. I guess that's good though because we still don't have internet and I am sitting at Starbucks, tired and ready for my bed. This has been such a draining, yet, in the long run, rewarding week! All that we have been working towards for the past two years is now complete. But why am I struggling to find joy and jump up and down in excitement? Maybe because it hasn't set in, I'm exhausted, and I'm still trying to make our new, unfamiliar house a home. Last night I found myself longing for the comforts of our old house.

The greatest struggle came when I dropped Shaun off at church yesterday. I broke down crying. He is now in Mexico (five hour plane ride southeast) for the next week. This timing of moving and him leaving happened for a reason so I am trying to put my trust in God's timing, not my own. I'm thrilled that he got to go and that we have a new house, but I'm sad that we're not starting this new beginning together. He's not here to see the boys experience some of their first adventures in their new room and I'm left to sleep by myself. I just want to freeze everything 'til he gets back. We'll continue to press on though...

My parents are still here so the adult company is welcoming. They have done wonders in helping us transform our new space. My mom has worked her magic on the inside and my dad has worked his on the outside! I'll also be getting together with the wives of the men that went on the trip. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I'm working on before and after pictures so I'll try and share them at my next coffee run!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kevin and Bekah said...

I understand - I cry every time I take Hubby to the airport (long before pregnancy hormones ever kicked in.)