Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2, 3, and 4


So I am sitting outside our local coffee shop just so I can blog about our last three days. I am outside because the coffee shop is closed, our "old" house no longer has internet, and our "new" house doesn't get carpeted 'til tomorrow morning so we aren't there yet! Anyway, the bugs are coming and I'm hoping my lap top doesn't die so I may have to make this quick and sloppy!

Day 2:
We continued to clean, paint, and rip down wall paper...

The wonderful graffiti down my hall thanks to my crazy brother and sisters in law! :)

 
Isaac got to start painting his room. He used a brush but Parker was more than willing to just use his giraffe!

 
Isaac continued to work by tearing down wall paper in the master bathroom... Yes, that is the nasty carpet that still has to go!


The boys got to take their first bath in their new house... Thanks to my mom scrubbing the heck out of it!


Day 3:
The day was mostly filled with painting...
First family picture in the new house. This is real life ladies and gentlemen!

The boys sharing some fun times in the bed we borrowed for nap times!

Day 4:
This was moving day. My mom, the boys, and I were stranded at the old house all day because Shaun packed up the strollers and dumped them off at the new house. He took the truck which had the car seats too. He was back and forth all day but always seemed to show up when one of the boys was sleeping. Alex Bumpus was a huge help today too. I didn't get his picture though. You can see what he looks like by clicking here. Isaac followed him all over the house, talking his ear off. After Alex left, Isaac kept asking, "Where did my friend go?" This is our last night in the old house so all that is left are the mattresses and random stuff that's always thrown in last minute! I'm not looking forward to seeing our new three car garage that is packed FULL of boxes and furniture!

The living room... Mostly empty!

The boys room... Empty!

Isaac wanted Parker in the picture too!

The master bedroom... Empty!

This was how we ate today. On little chairs in the kitchen or the living room!

Parker enjoying dinner. Isaac took the picture... Not bad! He's becoming quite the photographer!

1 comment:

Marcella said...

Looks like a crazy couple of days! Just think, once it's done you won't have to do it again for a long, long time, if ever! Glad Alex got to help. :)