Thursday, July 23, 2009

I need to brag...

Today, I had the perfect child! It doesn't happen very often... actually, I think this was a first.

Maybe it all started last night when Shaun had a craving for The Old Spaghetti Factory (sometimes you'd think he's the pregnant one). I really wanted to go too but our only hesitation was our one year old... he doesn't have the best track record in restaurants. We decided that the desire for Mizithra was greater than the fear of not being able to get our son to hold still during a delicious dinner. To our absolute surprise, Isaac was on his best behavior. We enjoyed a relaxing, quiet dinner. He colored, ate a banana, and looked through the dessert menu. AMAZING I tell you! Well, until the end. He heard something coming from the other side of the wall and was convinced that it was a basketball (he is obsessed with sports). We tried to explain that it was the kitchen and that they were cooking, but I guess he didn't believe us. He had to get out and go play. Shaun walked him around a minute until our vanilla and spumoni ice cream arrived.
My wonderful Isaac was just as much an angel today as he was last night. I took him to the mall playland (because it is way too hot for outdoor playgrounds) and when it was time to leave, he put on his shoes and said good bye to the mall. We then headed to the grocery store, the worst place to have to take kids, and he sat in the cart the whole time. He only wanted out at the end but it was to hug and kiss me! We came home, had lunch, and he easily went down for a two hour nap! He had a snack when he woke up and then we went to the pool. He splashed and played for nearly an hour and then waved to the water when I told him it was time to go. He chased his shadow all the way to the parking lot yelling, "Isaac! Isaac!" I'm telling you, today was a dream come true! He didn't fight me on anything! AND he was so loving and funny. He has this new thing where he gets in your face and stairs you down. It's a competition to see who can hold it together the longest. I always loose it and break down laughing first!
What a day... Isaac, you completely melt my heart! Parker, you have a lot to live up to! ;)



On Monday we went to Sea World. Isaac can't stop talking about the whales now! He loves the Shamu show... We have to watch it on YouTube.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. The next hurdle will be getting BOTH kids to have a "perfect" day on the SAME day.

Alicia said...

You gotta love those days! I know I do and restaurants and grocery stores right now are not my fave!

Isaac's Gramzie said...

He was just as good for me today when you went to your MOPS meeting. We had the BEST time and for a while I was his favorite person...........Does a Gramzies heart good!

Emily Burton said...

Hi Erica! I don't know what you use more, but I wrote you on Facebook. I hope we can meet up soon! Miss you guys!

The Hofschroer's said...

Way to go Isaac! And good job mom for taking the time to brag! =)