Sunday, July 12, 2009

AND HE SHALL BE CALLED...

Ladies and Gentlemen, that is his name... Parker James Higgins! I wanted to have the video of Isaac saying it but... well... it hasn't happened yet! We had Isaac tell our families his little brother's name and they all freaked out because they thought he said Packer. I'm convinced that's why they like Parker so much... It's better than Packer!


How we chose the name you ask? Well, after we found out Parker was a boy I started the name search right away. I ran across Parker and texted it to Shaun. I wasn't sure if I really liked it, but just thought I would throw it out there. A minute later I got this response from Shaun, "Love it! That's it!" WOW, wasn't expecting that!


I'm big on the meaning of names. Isaac's name means laughter and it couldn't be more fitting. My name means all powerful ruler... enough said! :) I was beginning to like the name Parker more and more but was still stuck on the meaning, keeper of the park! Blah! I searched out other variations of the meaning and found protector of the park. So, to make the name work for me I decided that Parker means, protector! Now for a middle name: We were looking at Tyler (Shaun's middle name), Trevor (Shaun's dad's middle name), and Eric (my dad's middle name). None of these worked with Parker. Wanting to keep it a family name, Shaun suggested James, my dad's name! Parker James, absolutely perfect! It flows so nicely!


I guess you could say we've had the name for a while, I was just having a hard time saying, "This is it!" I had so many "concerns" - Did it go with Isaac? Would other people like it? Could I picture writing the name on Christmas cards? Would kids tease him by calling him "Park"? BUT, now that it's out and everyone knows, I love it more and more every day!


I painted Parker's name today and it took a lot longer than it did when I made Isaac's. You see, this time around there was a toddler that wanted to help. I can't believe I actually finished it!


Here is a little shot of the room decor too! Surfs Up!!!

Shaun wore this lei for his college graduation. My dad made the surf boards and Shaun and I painted them.


Thought you might enjoy seeing some belly shots. Please, focus on the belly. Not the make-up-less face.

21 weeks pregnant with Isaac

22 weeks pregnant with Parker
While my belly is bigger this time, I'm only 5 lbs more right now than I was when I got pregnant with Isaac.
(I gained 50lbs with Isaac but then lost 70-75lbs. Having a baby was a great diet for me... I just hope it works again! It was so nice!)

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Isaac's Gramzie said...

James has been a family name for many generations. My Dad: Donald James, my favorite Uncle: Edward James, my Grandad: James Edward,my Nephew: (Bryans son) Jaymz, just to name a few. Then Papas son: James as well. The list goes on and on.

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Great name! And you look great Erica.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I love it, great choice. You look great.

Shannon said...

Very cute name! And you look so cute as well! :)

Sarah said...

Ok so I guess I was wrong about potentially seeing the name on the last post, but the good news is that I love Parker more than I love the name I thought I saw!!! What an adorable name, it fits very well. And yes... you look wonderful! :)

Cope Family said...

Great name! I love all the details...;-)

Unknown said...

I love the name! We still need to get together. You look great too!!!

Alicia said...

Very cute Erica!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica!! Congrats on the new baby to come! Jason and I are expecting a baby girl (Taylor Marie) on December 3rd. I am 20 weeks pregnant so not far behind you. :) So fun! Congratulations again to you and Shaun!!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add, the name JAMES estends farther on Shaun's side. His great, great Grandpa's name was James Evans Reese. His great uncle's name is Edward James Reese. So you see it is a favorte name of many.


Shaun's Grandma, Pauline, Nana,to the Higgins' boys.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL,NICE LEGS,WOULD ENJOY GETTING INTO YOUR PANTIES.