Friday, June 22, 2012

A Pink Promise

This is one of my three hydrangea plants in my front yard. This one is extra special to me though. You see, it didn't look like this when Shaun bought it for me last spring. The flowers were actually blue and there were only three puffs of flowers. We planted this soon after we found out Blake was a boy. Shaun knew I was sad about not having a girl however, he gave me this to symbolize what we would have...Our three boys. It lifted my spirits and it was pretty cool to see the grouping of three, blue flowers. Somehow it made it more real to me that I was going to have three sons! Pretty cool!

Blake was born in August and I loved looking at the plant even more now! I had a face to match with each flower!

Our summer finally hit (September and October) and I was pretty sad when the hydrangea died! Shaun wanted to rip it out but, I just couldn't let that happen! The leaves still seemed to have life in them so I made him leave it alone! I gave him a sad face and reminded him that the plant represented my children! He rolled his eyes at me but, finally, he let me keep my "boys!"

I kinda forgot about it for a while and didn't even notice that it had begun to grow back. Before I knew it, it looked like this! Countless puffs of pink and purple flowers!!! Amazing! What did this mean? It meant that my boys had multiplied and given me girls!!! When I thought a dream had died I realized it had come back to me a million times greater!

I did a little research on hydrangaes and learned that it is not uncommon for them to change their color. However, it is much more common and easier for them to change from pink to blue rather than blue to pink! Interesting!

I feel like this hydrangea is a promise from God. Somehow, someday... I'll get a girl! According to this plant though I'll get many girls! ;) It reminded me of the story of Abraham in the Bible. God promised him that he would be the father of many nations... AND he didn't even have a son yet! However, because his faith was strong and he trusted, God soon gave him Isaac. Well, God has given me an Isaac... And a Parker and a Blake and a.......


FYI: I just need to clarify... This does not mean we are trying for a girl! We are content with our three boys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even if God doesn't give you a baby girl one day, eventually you will have 3 daughter-in-laws. :-) (Lord willing). I would not trade that relationship for anything. I love my mother in law!