Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Eight years down and many more to go!

We started off this anniversary season with a trip to AMPM for slurpees Sunday night after the boys went to bed. Shaun was scheduled to work Monday and Tuesday so we wouldn't be together on the 26th. :( I was sad about that but, I guess over the years I've kinda (kinda) gotten used to not celebrating holidays on their actual dates.

Monday came and went. When I woke up Tuesday morning I was wishing Shaun was next to me! Instead I had snotty little Blake hitting me in the face and rubbing his little boogers into my shirt. But, because he's so cute it didn't matter! If I couldn't have Shaun, I'd gladly take his offspring! My parents are here so my mom and I were going to let my dad take the big boys to the park and we were going to take Blake and go shopping. We were almost all ready when Shaun walked through the door with a card and flowers! Surprise! I wasn't even entertaining the idea of him taking off so I was super shocked! Change of plans: My parents had all the boys now and we were out of there! Here's a little glimps into our day... iphone style!        

Look! No kids!
Shaun told me that he wanted to take me shopping... I was so excited!

Little did I know we were going to Malcom Smith for my "desert" outfit! After eight years of marriage I learned something new... Shaun will gladly take me shopping but, only if it involves riding gear! I have never seen him so excited to look for my size and to keep bringing me more and more to try on! I found my set and it is pink (not these pants though)!!!  


The next stop was lunch at the Mission Inn. We sat outside and the sounds of the water and chirping birds were so relaxing! A yummy meal with a yummy date! We should have gone in search of the room we stayed at eight years ago!  

Every time I go to the Mission Inn I have to sit in President Taft's massive chair!

We went by the church we were married at and the office lady unlocked the doors, turned on the lights, and even took this picture for us. What's even cooler is that we took this picture at the exact time we were married... 1:42pm! That little detail made it extra special!


We ended the day on the couch asking each other if we wanted to go out for dessert. Sadly, at this stage in our life (parents of a preschooler, a 2 year old, and a baby) we just wanted to go to bed! That would have been way too much for one day! ;)

Happy anniversary baby! I'm looking forward to the next 50 plus years! 

1 comment:

Valnetine26 said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I'm hooked. Your hilarious and your life is so similar to mine. Married June 26, 2004. First blessing Madison Grace 2007, second blessing Morgan Alyse 2009 (miscarriage 2011) but expecting our third and final blessing baby girl 3 2013. Crazy :)