Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kauai: Day 2

Day two started around 6:30 and it was still just as beautiful! The first thing I did every morning was open up the back sliding door. I was greeted with a cool breeze, the sound of crashing waves, smell of flowers, and cock-a-doodle-doos (which I will get to later)! Today was also a big day for me because it was my last day in my twenties! I wanted to make the most of it... 

Around 8:30 we packed the cars and headed to the north shore. We went straight to Tunnels Beach to snorkel. Even though we were early into our trip, Shaun and I weren't sure if Kauai was a snorkeling island. The water wasn't as clear and little more rough than the other islands. We've had some great past experiences so our expectations were pretty high. We loved Hanauma Bay in Oahu, the Molokini Crater in Maui,and the Big Island has Kealakekua Bay. We decided that we would try again tomorrow on the south side. We still enjoyed the views, water, and of course all the sticks! After a few hours we were ready for shaved ice and Bubba's Burgers.

On the journey back home we toured the sites, Hanalei, Princeville, and the Kilauea Lighthouse! All were breathtaking! I guess this is how I would describe most things in Hawaii! The boys were such troopers. They never slowed us down and just kept on going.

When we got back all they wanted was the POOL! We already knew this would be the highlight of the trip for them!

The night ended with hourly text from my dad and brother reminding me that I would be old (retro) in a few hours. It didn't really work because if the people that are teasing you about your age are older than you, than it's ok... ;) Good night and good bye twenties! you've been so good to me!


Tunnels Beach

The gang! Isaac has the best seat!

Mr. Go With The Flow!

I love how my guys will ask for pictures. Probably because they know I'm going to put the camera in their face no matter what...

I tried to get a family picture wherever we went.

Shaun was constantly putting sunblock on Parker. You can see how happy he was about it!

Ammah chillin' with the little ones and making sure they share the gold fish!

Rough and tough!

Bubba's Burgers in Hanalei.

Kilauea Lighthouse.
By this point maybe we had pushed the boys a little too much. They didn't want to look at the camera... Parker didn't even want to be in the picture! Poor Ammah and Papa!

My big boy!

The view from the pool!

Blake did amazing in the water. Shaun's always makes them learn new things! 

Their version of a muumuu!

We went to put the big boys to bed but, we couldn't find them! Hehehe!

No comments: