Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kauai: Arrival

After three years and four months of dreaming about our LAST trip to Hawaii and then another four months and 29 days of waiting for THIS trip... The time finally came to board that plane! For weeks I had been telling the boys all about Hawaii and how much fun we were going to have. In fact, anytime they were upset about something they would say, "But I just want to go to Hawaii!" I had them trained! They did well on the five and a half hour plane ride. However, they kept asking, "Why does it take for such a long time to get there?" Cute! Ammah's bag of tricks helped to keep them entertained as well as their new Star Wars guy! Papa helped put together lego firetrucks and helicopters! When Blake is really tired and won't go to sleep he has this ear piercing scream thing... He made sure to share it with everyone on the flight. Isaac would always nurse to sleep and Parker had the pacifier but, Blake, well he's going to make you work a little harder. I usually pass him over to Shaun for his magic touch. He now refers to himself as "The Blake Whisperer!"

The last 20 minutes were probably the longest for me! I couldn't take my eyes off that window... I was so ready to see my beloved islands again! When I finally saw the beautiful coast I felt myself relax and breathe again. To saw I was excited is an understatement! See, Shaun is right. I do need help!

There is something amazing about walking into a Hawaiian airport. The breeze (cause there aren't walls), the smell of fresh leis, the bright, blue ocean calling your name! Yummy!

We got in around 1pm, went and got some food, and then checked in at the condo. First order of business was to apply the sunblock and head right out to the water (aka: our backyard for the week)!

I couldn't wait to introduce my boys to a real beach... White sand, clear water, and fresh coconuts right off the tree!

Keeping busy with movies, games, food, trips to the bathroom, and everything else!

First sightings of land! Gorgeous!

The first picture taken on the beach! I was finally home again! ;)  

Parker using the force on the camera!

 Isaac loves playing in the water and was thrilled to find soooo many sticks to play with!

Parker still has a fear of the ocean so aunties (who met us there) had to hold him!

And Blake, well, he stayed on dry land holding down the fort! :) these teepee things were everywhere!

The boys were a little confused when I told them that this was their new room. Isaac got very serious and asked if our new house (where we actually live) is now our old house!? Sadly, I had to tell him that we were not moving to Hawaii and that we were just borrowing someone elses house for the week!

It had been a long day and with a three hour time change we were a little worried about when the boys would wake up the next morning....... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice tits mom