Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A date to remember...

Saturday night was a night that will go down in the history books (aka: scrapbook)... It was mine and Shaun's first night out since Parker was born! I know that sounds super pathetic but we aren't exactly night owls anyways. I would much rather go out for breakfast and then be home to cuddle in bed at night. Especailly knowing that the boys will be up bright and early the next morning!
Anyway, the chief at Shaun's fire department retired and it was his retirement party. My parents happened to be in town so finding a baby-sitter was no problem. It's not like my parents come to see me anyway! My dad went to LA to see my brother so my mom was on her own with both boys. I was a little nervous for her but she said that it was the easiest night and everything went according to plan! I love hearing that because it means I've done my job! The boys (mostly Isaac) know what's expected of them (him) even when mommy and daddy aren't around. Shaun and I had a great time. We enjoyed adult conversations, ate lots of food, and even held hands!

The dress was western, but this was the best we could do! I'm not married to a cowboy!

2 comments:

travis and hayley said...

i see you are back to your skinny-minny self ;) glad you guys had fun!

Alicia said...

You guys looked great! We never get a night out either! I feel ya!