Sunday, October 17, 2010

Arizona: Part 1

Last month the airlines was having a special so I decided that it was time to head to Arizona again. We were there May ('cause I won't go in the summer) and so I figured October would be a safe month to go, seeing as how it is considered autumn in most places. I guess 100 degrees is fall for Phoenix! Anyway, it wasn't that bad (but I did enjoy the 30+ degree drop when we got home) and the boys and I had lots of fun! We left Shaun home to work... AND I don't mean at the station. He ended up tiling part of the downstairs! ALL BY HIMSELF! The entry way, dining room, long "L" shaped hallway, and laundry room. About 400 square feet! Way to go baby! Have I ever mentioned how amazing you are!?! Poor guy was feeling the pain of his hard work though. He said his knees, hands, and back were killing him! We got back last night but Shaun went to work yesterday morning. I know! Not the best timing... After church today we went to see him at the station for a few hours. We (I) couldn't wait til tomorrow morning to see him!

Are you ready for picture overload? Good! Here is the past week... Remember you can click on the collages to make them bigger!

 
The plane ride there.
Both boys did a great job. Isaac had his new Toy Story book and characters from Mummu and I pulled out some old toys that Parker thought were new! :)


Isaac knows that my parent's shed in the backyard is FULL of toys so he had Mummu pull out all the bins as soon as we got there!!!

We spent one morning visiting some old neighbors. They used to live next door and now live about 30 minutes away. Jan and Gene have watched me grow from baby to mommy of two!

One of my best friends, Julie, had a baby in July. I'm sad that it took me this long to meet Richard Sydney IV(AKA: Ryker)! I'm also sad that we didn't make it to Dairy Queen this time (we always go when I'm in town). I guess we'll just have to double up next time!

Partners in crime!

Isaac got to spend a lot of time with G.G. Mom. I wonder if it had something to do with her buying him stickers, cars, books, etc!? ;) Thanks G.G. Mom!!!

Parker time! I am loving his curls! Oh, and when you ask him to smile he squints his eyes and gives you the biggest, cheesiest smile (bottom left picture)!

Best friends, Isaac and Ailee, were up early most mornings. Can you see my dad still trying to sleep?

Isaac time! When I asked him what he liked most about Az he said, "Ailee! I just love her!"

The plane ride home was late afternoon so it wasn't as easy keeping the boys entertained. Parker wouldn't sleep (and he REALLY needed to) and Isaac had just gotten up from his nap so he was wired and would have loved to run up and down the aisle! They were cracking each other up at one point but their laughs got to be way too loud so I had to stop them. Here they are fighting for the window seat...

Arizona: Part 2 will be coming soon. Maybe I should title it, "The Big Announcement" though!?!

1 comment:

travis and hayley said...

what... big announcement... it isn't april fools (because you know you have gotten me there before) so now i am curious:) i am anxiously awaiting part 2 :)