Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Arizona: Part 2

After I booked our tickets to Arizona I realized that my timing couldn't have been more perfect... There was baby news to share! Bringing a new life into the world is one of life's greatest joys! EVEN if it's not me bringing that new life into the world... ;)

The last day in July I woke up to Isaac saying, "Mommy, there's a baby in Tati's belly!" Tati happens to be my sister. I couldn't believe it... My little sister was pregnant!?! Once I finally got on the phone with her she confirmed Isaac's news and that I would be a "Tati" in April. We talked for a while and then towards the end of the conversation I felt that it was my duty to prepare her for this adventure. Because I am such a good big sister and already so experienced as a mother, I figured I would give her the best advice I knew possible. I calmly said, "Your life is over!!! O.V.E.R!!!" I figured that summed it up! :)

Lisa works for a baby doctor so she gets ultrasounds weekly. She doesn't have to go to the mall and pay big bucks for the 3D and 4D videos... She gets them for free whenever she wants! Her job also got her the chance to find out what she was having at 13 weeks (Sorry, 13 weeks and 4 days). We had a small get together at my parent's house with family and friends for a "Baby Revealing" party (some of my California friends have had them but NO ONE in Arizona had ever heard of it before). Few people were invited because Mike's parents were out of the country and they didn't want too many people finding out before they had a chance to tell them. My mom and I decorated everything in pink and blue! After dinner the moment finally came... It was time to cut the cake and see what color was waiting in the middle...


Boy or girl? What's it going to be!?!?! My mom was hoping for girl, I was hoping for boy (because I'm older so I naturally need to have the first girl :), Shaun thinks it's stupid to guess when it's a 50/50 percent chance, Mike was hoping for boy (because he's one of three boys and said he wouldn't know what to do with a girl), Lisa was guessing it was a boy, Isaac said it was a boy, Parker just grunted when we asked him, and my dad never gave his opinion... But I don't think we ever asked him!


Practicing their surprised looks!


One last posed picture just so I can keep you anxiously waiting...
Making sure to cut the cake just right...

???????????????????

The middle layer was....... BLUE!!!

It's a boy! Now we just need a name!

I think Parker is excited that he'll have someone to pick on just like big brother does to him!

No comments: