Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Good bye 27, hello 28

Kids may think 28 years sounds old but to most people, I'm sure it sounds young. Not sure what it means to me though. All I know is that 28 is way too close to 30 and 30 is way too close to 40. Once I hit 40 I might as well be 50. Not that 50 is bad, I'm just not even close to being ready to leave my 20s.
Moving on...
Today started out a little slow. Shaun went to work yesterday morning and left me at home sick with two energetic boys. This year Shaun was only scheduled to work one holiday... My birthday. For this reason I wasn't particularly looking forward to June 1st. It was going to be Christmas all over again... Just me and the boys! I was up a bunch with Parker last night (he now has two teeth), which doesn't work too well after taking Tylenol PM. This morning I was dragging. My head, my throat, my nose... Ugh! I was wishing so badly that Shaun would come home. He called to wish me a happy birthday then told me what his captain at work had planned for their day. I watched the clock tick by and once it hit 9am, I figured he wasn't coming. At 9:16 I got a text from him that said, "There is a card for you under the front doormat." My first reaction was to cry because I wanted him and not a card but then I realized it could be him. I jumped up, ran to the door, and there he was with flowers in hand! For a split second I was 100% healthy and hugged and kissed him! I knew he wouldn't let me down. It just wouldn't be right to leave your sick wife at home on her birthday!
For lunch we headed to Red Robin with Shaun's family. They showered me with gifts, flowers, and loved on the boys! Next on the schedule... Naps! That was pushed back a little though because when we got home I was surprised again... My parents were standing in my kitchen! I was completely shocked! I was showered with gifts again and then was told to go take a nap. After naps we headed to the park and enjoyed pizza, soccer, t-ball, and flying a kite. We ended the day with cake and ice cream! I felt so loved today and it made my cold not seem so bad. The only bummer of the day is that I can't smell all my beautiful flowers...
Our attempt at a family picture

Opening presents from the Higgins
(gift cards and a super cute sweatshirt that came in handy at the park. Brrrr).

A picture with the red robin

Family of three. Isaac had better things to do...

Here he is doing one of his "better things."

This makes my heart smile!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What an amzing day! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

PS I don't think 28 is old AT ALL! ;)

xoxox

Alicia said...

Sounded like you were treated like a queen! Happy birthday you young thing (I will be 32 on the 10th so you don't have anything on me LOL)