Tuesday, June 8, 2010

De Ja Vue

People are always amazed by Parker's size when they meet him or haven't seen him for a while. The usual questions and comments are, "How do you carry him? What do you feed him? He's so fat! How much does he weigh? Look at those chubby feet! Was Isaac ever this big?" Here are some answers and feed back to those questions and comments...
He is heavy but I have no problem carrying him because I'm used to it and it's good for my arms (not my back though). Parker is a breast fed baby. I probably have some of the richest milk in the world! I don't think of him as being fat... That sounds like a bad thing! He's a healthy, strong, solid, thick to the bone, chunky, perfect little baby! Yup, he does have chubby feet, which is why he doesn't wear shoes. Bummer! I love little shoes on babies! Not sure how much he weighs... I don't allow scales in my house! :) And yup, Isaac was this big!!! Or at least VERY close to it. He must have carried his weight differently because no one believes me when I tell them. At 7 months Isaac was 24lbs. Parker is 6 1/2 months and I'm guessing he's 23-25lbs. Parker has bigger legs than Isaac did but Isaac's feet were much chubbier. I think the fact that Isaac started two pounds smaller than Parker has something to do with it. Isaac was small at one time whereas Parker has always been big.


June 2008 and June 2010
Shirt size- 9 mo and shorts size- 18mo
Sorry the picture of Isaac is so bad. I couldn't find the disc I saved the picture on so I had to copy and paste it from shutterfly.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

I just had Shaun read this post and he said that I sound irritated with people's comments and questions about our big babies... I'm totally not... I really don't mind at all!

Jennifer Jones said...

Haha! Too funny! My JJ is almost 26 months old now and has just barely hit the 25 lb mark and only very few 18 months clothes fit him. We usually have to go smaller. He was breastfed too and started out at 8 lbs 2 oz. Just goes to show how different kids are.