Thursday, October 15, 2009

The "More to Come" wedding post

Oh boy, where do I start with a wedding post!? There is always so much to tell... But I am so tired! Everything is overwhelming these days. Here's the best I can do...
As far as I know, my sister had her dream wedding! From center pieces to the arch in the church, she was pleased with the outcome. My parents can now rest easy, there two daughters are married! I must say that it was crazy with last minute details. The garter was no where to be found so one of the bridesmaids ran to the store before meeting at the church. I was able to give my "pay back" matron of honor speech. Lisa warned Shaun at my wedding on how to live with me so I dished it right back. Hopefully I helped to prepare Mike for the long road ahead of him! Isaac was thrilled to walk down the aisle. He held my hand and giggled the whole way. Shaun ended up having to take him out of the service though because he was naming all the animals in the book he was looking at. He was using his inside voice but not his wedding voice!
My dad and my sister where able to have a priceless moment together. Five years ago when I got married my grandma bought a wedding card for my sister when she got mine. She saved it for three years and then in March of '07 she wrote in it. Soon after that she began to go down hill in health. In February of this year she passed away. While my aunt and dad were cleaning out her house, they found the card for Lisa. As I watched my dad give it to my sister, I cried right along with them. I thought back to my wedding and how special it was to have my grandma there. Even though she wasn't physically present this time, she was with us in spirit! How amazing that she thought to do something like this!?!
Ok, now I'm not only tired but emotional too! Enjoy the pictures. Good night!
Lisa and Mike at rehearsal dinner



Tux practice. He thought the hat was a perfect touch!


Lacing up the bride!


The ladies man with the bridesmaids!




He was the third important person of the night!



Mine and Shaun's flower girls and ring bearers. (L to R: Cousins Sabreena and Tori and Arizona neighbors Kyle and Ryan). Wow they sure have grown up!


Childhood friends now having babies at the same time. Me (8 months), Rachel (6 months), and Carla (5 months).

Isaac and his little friend Daniel danced the whole night. We had to force him out of his tux and into bed at midnight! I'm so glad he had a three hour nap that day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

travis and hayley said...

Erica you look amazing! I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy... what a sweet season of life. And your sister was such a beautiful bride!