Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Little Peanut!

We had an ultrasound today (for reals) and I am relieved to announce that there is only 1 little baby growing inside me! I know a lot of you were keeping your fingers crossed for twins or triplets in hopes to get back at me for my April Fool's joke! Too bad! Well, maybe your pay back could be that my doctor extended my due date by four whole days and I was not happy about that.:) My new estimated due date is November 17th... NOT Friday the 13th! I understand that it's just a number and that Peanut will come when he/she is ready but gosh golly I was so thrilled that I was finally ten weeks... A fourth of the way done!!! Now I'm back to nine! Nine is nothing! And now I have to do it twice!

So Peanut is our baby's name at the moment because that's exactly what he/she looks like in the ultrasound. We could see arms, legs, and an amazingly strong heart beat, but it's super hard to see in a picture. ALTHOUGH, according to my most recently evaluated wives tale, it could be miss Peanut! Some of my friends think I'm crazy but constantly guessing boy or girl totally entertains me! I knew Isaac was a boy from the beginning but I have mixed feelings about this one. Anyway, the reason I'm leaning toward "miss" is because of how the baby is laying. Judging by vaginal ultrasounds, typically boys lay face down and girls lay face up. Isaac was face down and this one is face up. If you want to humor me mommys, check out your ultrasounds and let me know which way your baby is facing. I will be shocked if Peanut is a girl though. For some reason I feel like I'm meant to be a mom of all boys! All that pink overwhelms me a little too!

We're thankful that Peanut is alive and well and can't wait to meet face to face in November! Thank you God for our second precious baby!

Peanut is laying on "her" back, face up!
Sorry Peanut if you're actually a boy!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh I can't wait to meet Peanut!

Shanalea Atchison said...

ok, so now I am going to have to check my previous ultrasounds. Be thankful is was only 4 days. Mine moved back 10 days. I too was not happy to relive those few weeks.

Sarah said...

My peanut was face up! =)

Maybe you too are destined for all the frilly pink and lace! I'm so excited for you! Hopefull you'll feel better soon!

No second baby for us yet- we're waiting a couple more years! I'll just enjoy your pregnancy for now! =)

krista said...

hmmmm. i have never heard that one. but i checked for you :) and madyson was laying face up. interesting....

Leslie said...

I had never heard that either! But my boy doesn't check out... sunny side up was he...

Unknown said...

That's so intriguing... so of course I had to check! Both Eli and Micah were........... face UP!!!

Chris said...

Of course I remember you, both of you. Not sure which one left a comment, but happy to finally have your blog address! God has blessed us so much, and it's great to see that we're not the only one's. I can't wait until Nathan is old enough to do the things that Isaac is doing now! One day...then I'll play catch, football, basketball, frisbee, VIDEO GAMES!!! Ok, maybe we'll save the video games for later. KIT - Keep it together! God bless, Jeremiah 29:11

. said...

I am intrigued to say the least. Baby #3 is currently face up but now I totally have to go and check Levi and Makayla's ultrasound pics! I'll let you know!