Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I confess...

... that I crave chocolate (or oreo) milkshakes and will get one whenever I can!
... that I still nurse Isaac in the morning because that gives me 15-20 more minutes to lay in bed!
... that I give my child fast food french fries even though I said I never would!
... that I deep clean my house when I find a spider. Thankfully I don't find them very often so I'm hoping that's because we're clean people!
... that I told Shaun to turn the water from the hose back on because Isaac had it pointed right in his face! I know, totally mean... but so funny!
... that I was only going to gain the 2-3 lbs. you're supposed to during first trimester... I'm already at five! Darn milkshakes!!!
... that I have to plug my nose when I take a shower because the soap smells are too much for me to handle!
... that I've been pretty useless these past few weeks! Besides having to sit outside while Shaun cooks dinner because the smell is too strong, I just don't have the energy to do anything!
... that I thought my California boy was a sissy la la! We went to the beach today and for the first 45 minutes Isaac wanted nothing to do with the sand. He was content to sit in the chair or roll around on the beach towels (remember: He's very neat and doesn't do dirt). Shaun finally made him face his fears and by the end he couldn't get enough. He was running wild!

Content to just snuggle in the blanket!

Father and son playing ball

When the waves would go back into the ocean Isaac would try and call them back (waving his arm or "snapping" his fingers).

There were several big trucks that went by... Isaac loved every one of them!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Awww, the fun of early pregnancy. Loved all the confessions, so very cute. Loved the beach pictures too. Can't wait to see belly pictures.

Anonymous said...

What beach did you go to? It doesn't look very crowded.....

Leslie said...

OMG! I totally confess to your #2! I don't know if I'll ever give it up.... those 15-20 min are crucial to starting off a good day! That, and a little coffee...

The Hofschroer's said...

haha... I had to sit outside on the front porch while Chris made dinner too! I thought I was crazy!!

Sarah said...

Totally hiliarious I confess list! Love the beach pictures... and Eli and I are the same way at the beach. We're perfectly content as long as the sand is not touching us! :)

P.S. They didn't tell you to stop nursing Issac... all those nutrients from your milk baby #2 needs. It should give you a little more energy too because you're body is not having to do double duty. That's just what my doctors said when I got pregnent with Micah. I cut Eli off like cold turkey the day they told me that... I'm crazy like that though! :)

Isaac's Gramzie said...

Many Moms nurse their babies successfully all the way through their pregnancy. LaLeche League is really the experts on this. Docs just don't always keep up. Just do what comes naturally and let God take care of the rest. He will.......

Sarah said...

That's good to know! I actually have a LaLeche League friend and she told me to just stop if that's what the doctor advised. With that said Micah was under weight from the first sonogram and they wanted all the "extra good stuff" to be going to him, not Eli. Maybe that's why they told me that.
I totally agree with the whole bonding thing though. It's hard to let go and stop. It's like they don't "need" you anymore and they are growing up! Just like Gramie said though, you'll know when it's right beacuse God will be the one to let you know.