Monday, April 13, 2009

Home Sweet California

Isaac and I got home from Arizona today and I want to go back! It was so nice to be taken care of and to have all the extra help with Isaac, especially when I feel like I want to throw up all the time! This pregnancy is definitely taking its toll on me. I am constantly gagging or trying to control my breathing so I don't gag. I am EXTREMELY sensitive to smells. I wish I could just turn my "super sniffer" off! If I stink for the next few months, it's because of this little problem. Soaps and perfumes really get to me. To be even more depressing, Shaun is working 'til tomorrow morning so we haven't seen him yet. So all we came home to was a smelly house (yes, I even HATE the smell of my own house) and an empty fridge. Actually, great friends, Laura and Austin, picked us up from the airport and Shaun had tulips and anti-nausea pills waiting for me on the counter! So sweet! I do have to learn how to take care of my son on my own again though. We had only been home an hour and Isaac was already covered solid in chalk paint and had fallen and given himself a fat lip! Wow!

So, I guess I'll be done with my sob stories and give a quick review of the week.

I got to hang out with two of my best childhood friends. Julie lives in Arizona so I always get to see her when I go home but Carla is in Colorado and I haven't seen her since my baby shower in Sept. '07. It was her first time meeting Isaac and my first time meeting her little girl! In elementary school, jr. high, and high school the three of us were inseparable. It's sad that we all live in different states now. We always pick up where we left off though!

Isaac also got to go to a little petting zoo at my parent's church. He loved it!!! He wanted to chase every duck, pet every rabbit, and pull the horns of every goat.

We had a wonderful Easter and spent most of the day outside playing ball (egg hunt). Isaac would take a plastic egg to the grass, step on it so that it would split open, and then take it to my mom so she could fix it. He did this over and over and over. He also spent a lot of time with Iso (Isoisa is grandpa in Finnish). They pulled weeds, painted the driveway (with water), hung up side down, and played every sport imaginable. It was a wonderful week and I'm looking forward to the next trip. Dad, thanks for taking care of Isaac so that mom could take care of me! Thanks mom!

Carla, me , Julie

Daniel (4) and Isaac

Cailey (13 mo) and Isaac (17 mo). Cailey is so petite. She only weighs 15 lbs. That was Isaac at 2 mo. Can you see the size difference in their hands?


Isaac spent most of his time out back with my parents cat. They were best buds... Chasing birds and trying to eat the oranges off the tree. Isaac decided the peel is pretty gross.



Trying to pick the goat up!







Getting dessert from Tati (aunt in Finnish). Oh yeah, we also did some wedding planning. Lisa got her dress, but I of course can't post a picture (we wouldn't want Mike to see it)!


Watching hockey with Iso


Easter pictures


Always entertaining! Isaac with G.G. Mom and Mummu (grandma in Finnish. See the theme?)

Isaac would love to be the little brother. Here he is with Kyle and Ryan. I used to baby-sit them and they were also the ring bearers in my wedding!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Glad you're back safe and sound. It looks like you had a wondeful trip. Your husband wrote the cutest post while you were gone! I hope you stop feeling sick soon.

Sarah said...

What the heck- are you even showing yet? I would be a blimp by 2 weeks! LOL You look gorgeous as always and Little Issac isn't so little anymore! Im glad to see you guys had fun!

krista said...

Hey Erica!
I don't have your email address, so I thought I would just leave you a comment here :)

The reunion is on August 22nd. 6:30pm at The Mission Inn. There was an evite that went out. I am not sure why it didn't go to Shaun. Email acaclassof99@gmail.com and ask them to forward you the Evite.