Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1 sick kid + 1 sick husband = 1 tired lady

Don't you love my math skills? You would never have guessed I was a teacher!?! I taught multiplication, not addition!

Anyway, here's our week in a nutshell:

Saturday: Shaun left for work and Isaac's stomach flu started at 5:30am.

Sunday: Shaun was still at work and Isaac's stomach flu continued to get worse.

Monday: Shaun got home, Isaac felt better (but still threw up in the evening), and I was in bed all day. I had flu like symptoms (minus the vomiting thank God) but I think I was just tired from taking care of Isaac, and not myself, for two days.

Tuesday: Shaun went back to work and Isaac and I had a GREAT day (He did throw up one time but I'm blaming it on the bumpy ride to Target... We needed more laundry soap for all those loads I was doing)! We're done with the flu... I thought!

Today: Shaun was supposed to get off work at 8am but he was home early. Like eight hours early. He got whatever Isaac had last night and came home at midnight. I guess they don't want sick firefighters running calls. Isaac decided that he didn't want daddy to get all the attention so he continued his 4 day puking streak... Yup, all over me, first thing in the morning!!! Both of my boys SLOWLY improved as the day went on so I have high hopes for a healthy tomorrow! We've had plans to head to San Diego for a night and go to the beach and Sea World! I hope we get to see you Shamu!!!


I'm ready to have my silly boys back...
FYI: Michigan pictures are available for your viewing pleasure

2 comments:

The Burdett Family said...

Is it possible to get the flu over the internet? The day after I read your last blog, Katelyn got the flu and then last night I started throwing up. We are so bad that Stephen had to stay home from work to take care of us, so I have a feeling his turn is next :-P

Anonymous said...

I hated Isaac being sick but I loved that he wanted me to cuddle him all evening........and happy you and Shaun got an evening out even if you were pale!!!!!