Thursday, February 12, 2009

We'll miss you Grandma

Two weekends ago we celebrated my Grandmother Barnett's 90th birthday and this weekend we will head to Michigan to celebrate the life of my Grandma Paajanen. Saying good bye to a loved one is never easy... Even when they are older and you know it is coming. Tuesday night my Grandma Paajanen passed away. Many tears have been shed while my mind has been filled with sweet memories that I had with her. A 62 year age difference never stopped us from being good friends!

Because all of our plans have been last minute and I still need to pack for our early morning flight, I don't have time to write much else. I didn't even have time to scan this picture so it's a picture of a picture!

Thanks for being such a wonderful Grandma. We love you!!!

Summer 2001 ~ Lake Superior

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Erica!

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

The sorrow of death allows for sweetness in thoughts.

Mona said...

I am sorry for your loss Erica. May your faith keep you strong, and bring hope in the face of your sorrow.

Lisa said...

So sorry Erica, we missed you today.