Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby to Big Boy!

It is really hard to type when you have a band-aid on your pointer finger. BUT, it's even harder to work the mouse on a lap top with a band-aid on your pointer finger. I have to use my middle finger. A word of advice: When cutting veggies, make sure your finger is out of the way! Ouch!


Moving on to the point of this post...


Last night we realized that our baby Isaac was no longer a baby! It seems like everyday I go back and forth between him being a baby and a big boy. When I'm holding him in my arms he's my baby but then when he learns something new he's my big boy! Well, last night was the first time we finally came to terms that he is forever going to be a big boy. Mainly because last night was the first time he looked like a big boy. I have posted before about Isaac's golden locks... He has the pretties blonde curls! However, we decided that it was time to cut them off so that people would stop saying, "oh, your little girl is so cute" (even though HE is always dressed in blue with HIS ugly orange crocs). Shaun grabbed the clippers (as I rushed for the camera) and began cutting away. Isaac did surprisingly well... Until it was time to do the other side of his head. The second half of the adventure was rough. Isaac was mad and ready to be done. Most of his hair is about an inch while some spots are still three inches. His hair is baby fine so it was hard for the clippers to catch every piece. I'm looking forward to fixing it!

Before...


After...




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm..........Shaun? Do I have to give you a refresher course on the dangers of mixing electricity and water? Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Nicole Leonard said...

LOL!! I thought the same thing as "Isaac's Gramzie"!!!! :)

But your Forever From Now On Big Boy looks very cute with his new haircut.

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Yeah, it didn't even cross my mind when we were cutting his hair (or even when I was posting the pictures). He was already in the bath when Shaun decided to do it and I was so focused on getting it over with. I called Shaun (the firefighter/paramedic/safety man/protector) last night at work and he said he had thought about it... I guess not hard enough... I promise we're really good parents though...