Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I'm a part of a group called MOPS, which stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. I joined last year, before Isaac was born, and can't imagine life without this group of women/moms. We meet every Thursday morning for 2 1/2 hours for breakfast, prayer, support and encouragement, to swap stories, etc. Some days we have guest speakers, games, and even crafts... That's where I come in. I'm on the leadership team this year and I'm in charge of crafts (no surprise to many of you) for all 90 women! I am given a budget then I get to go shopping for all the supplies. Let's just say that I'm enjoying spending someone else's money and earning all the flying points with our credit card (Isaac gets to meet all his Michigan family next summer)! Anyway, this Thursday the craft is Adventure Bags. Each lady gets to decorate a tote bag for her child. The bags came in packages of three and definitely needed to be ironed, which I had been putting off 'til tomorrow night. Well, this afternoon while Isaac and I were napping, Shaun spent two hours ironing the bags for me! Did you get that? TWO HOURS!! 130 BAGS (some women buy extra bags 'cause they have more that one kid)!! JUST FOR ME!! WOW!!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
9. Shaun and I went and saw the movie Fireproof. We gave it two thumbs up... It's a must see! I can't tell you how nice it was to walk out of the theater and feel refreshed.
8. After Isaac went to bed one night, Shaun put in my favorite movie, Ever After, and gave me a back rub!
7. I've had dessert every night this week.
6. We got Isaac naked for a bath and while the water was warming up he pooped all over the carpet in our bedroom! Not the best highlight but it definitely made the list.
5. I'm doing a study on the life of Moses and I'm learning that God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things!
4. Isaac walked across the living room, crawled up the stairs, and then walked down the hall. He's getting it!
3. Shaun no longer has to wear his boot. He starts therapy soon and hopes to be back to work sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's been off work since July 30th (the date of his injury) and is sad that he's missing fire season.
2. Every third Friday of the month our young marrieds bible study group has a game night. This month it was at our house. We always have so much fun!
and the number one highlight of the week....
1. We went to Riley's Farm. Isaac enjoyed drumming on the pumpkins, playing in the dirt, yelling at a donkey, and hanging out with his buddy Austin. Mommy and daddy realized that this was the same place they had their first date seven years ago! So special!