Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oh no no.... I have the BRAGGING RIGHTS!


Don't listen to what she says. The things that I do are easy to do for Erica! She has done so much for me over the years, serving her and Isaac is the least I can do. Oh yes... that's right everybody, I'm ending my blog silence! I knew there was something about that beautiful Freshman girl that sat in the row in front of me, four seats to the right in my British Literature class my sophomore year @ Cal Baptist. Erica has been the biggest blessing in my life just behind the sacrifice that my Savior made for me on the cross so long ago. My love for her has continued to grow day by day. I am where I am today and who I am today because Erica said yes. She has been my support through the best times and the worst times. She has laughed with me, cried with me, planned with me, and pushed me to continue growing every day. We recently saw the movie "Fireproof" and loved it. There was a line in it that said getting to know your spouse is like earning a college degree in that woman and it is required to a have successful marriage. The seven years that we have spent together thus far is only the beginning of our life long journey together. It has been amazing to see Erica go from being my wife, to the mother of Isaac. She never ceases to amaze me at how much of a natural she is. Her parents raised her in a way that has prepared her for every challenge that we have already encountered and those that are to come. I don't want to embarrass her too much and be too gushy, but she did put a picture on our blog of me ironing.... IRONING! I think she deserves a little embarrassment :)

All this being said. ERICA... I LOVE YOU!!! I will iron for you anytime.... but don't push it!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow you have won so many brownie points it's not even funny! How sweet you are in returning the favor. You guys are so cute!

The Hofschroer's said...

You are correct... your wife is simply amazing! You are not too bad yourself Shaun!
ps... its nice to hear from you on the blog from time to time!

Tawny Edwards said...

That was SO speical! I'm so glad you guys are so happy after "all these years" =)