Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bragging Rights!

So, I think it's safe to say that I have the best husband EVER! He is beyond perfect for me! There are many reasons, but for the sake of time and space, let me give you one...

I'm a part of a group called MOPS, which stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. I joined last year, before Isaac was born, and can't imagine life without this group of women/moms. We meet every Thursday morning for 2 1/2 hours for breakfast, prayer, support and encouragement, to swap stories, etc. Some days we have guest speakers, games, and even crafts... That's where I come in. I'm on the leadership team this year and I'm in charge of crafts (no surprise to many of you) for all 90 women! I am given a budget then I get to go shopping for all the supplies. Let's just say that I'm enjoying spending someone else's money and earning all the flying points with our credit card (Isaac gets to meet all his Michigan family next summer)! Anyway, this Thursday the craft is Adventure Bags. Each lady gets to decorate a tote bag for her child. The bags came in packages of three and definitely needed to be ironed, which I had been putting off 'til tomorrow night. Well, this afternoon while Isaac and I were napping, Shaun spent two hours ironing the bags for me! Did you get that? TWO HOURS!! 130 BAGS (some women buy extra bags 'cause they have more that one kid)!! JUST FOR ME!! WOW!!
Thank you Shaun for having such a servant's heart! You never cease to amaze me!
I do have to add though that when he was done he said, "Man, I pretty much do everything but nurse our son!"


I caught him finishing the last few bags!
Of course Isaac was in heaven when he saw the pile of boxes!
Finished product!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh, what a great hubby you have. Good job on the crafter job, way to go.

Nicole Leonard said...

Go Shaun! You are fortunate, Erica - you've got TWO wonderful men! :)

Isaacs Gramzie said...

Now I see just how important that summer of teaching the boys how to iron was! Erica makes it easy for Shaun to want to help! Good job Shaun!