Friday, December 26, 2008

Always and forever, Christmas in my heart!

This was the first year that I began to pack up all of our Christmas decorations the day after Christmas. BUT this was also the first year that I've had to fit three firetrucks, two guitars, a drum set, a dance floor, a horse, and a ball pit in my living room. Usually I wait 'til the beginning of the new year, when I'm beyond depressed that the holidays are over, but I couldn't wait... The Christmas tree was taking up precious floor space. It seems like just yesterday I was making Shaun climb into the attic to fetch our decorations and now they're sitting in boxes and bins waiting for him to get home so he can lug them back up there. As I was packing up all of the lights, Santa Clauses, ornaments, ribbons, and bows, and then began to start on all our nativity scenes, I realized there was one part of Christmas that I didn't want to go away... Baby Jesus! He is not only the true "reason for the season" but also the true reason for every 365 days of the year! I wish the same excitement that I feel at Christmas could last all year. I wish that I could always be this humbled and amazed that God sent His only Son, in the form of a tiny baby boy, to save us. I wish that I could always feel this much joy and peace. I wish that the spirit of giving could always be this easy! I wish it could always be December 25th. Setting aside the shopping, the hustle and bustle, and all the recently added hype of the season, I tried to focus on the real Christmas story and the gift that was born in a manger so long ago. Having my own tiny baby boy (even when he's taller than me he will be my tiny baby boy) gives me a whole new understanding of how Mary felt on the night of the first Christmas. Although, while she knew her son was the Savior of the world, I pray that my son will grow up to know the Savior of the world!

My goal this year is to try and keep Christmas in my heart all year long. If that means I have to pop in Martina McBride's Christmas CD once every month, then so be it! Merry Christmas (don't be surprised if that's one of my titles in April or July)!!!

2 comments:

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Keep your nativity scene out! It will be a reminder to you year round.

Mona said...

Hey...Easter is just around the corner...I love Easter and what it means...
With Christmas Christ enters the world...but with Easter...he promises the world to come...world without end..
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year