Saturday, September 20, 2008

Trials of Parenthood

Today was my most draining, exhausting, and emotionally challenging day of motherhood to date. As I read other blogs though, I find comfort in knowing that I am not alone... It's cold season and no child likes their nose being wiped every minute of the day. Isaac spent most of the day crying because he didn't feel good. Poor guy was so tired but couldn't sleep because he couldn't breathe. At times he would happily be playing on the floor, with snot running down his face, when all of a sudden, big bad mom (or dad) would pull out a tissue. That's when the screams and hands waving us away would begin. He was up three times last night, officially up at 8, and then didn't nap until 11:30. He always seems to have perfect timing too. Just as I would drift off to sleep, he would wake up from his (short) naps. Shaun was home but he was just as frustrated as me. Most of the time Isaac just wanted mommy too. It's hard seeing your baby hurt. We were also so focused on Isaac that I think our relationship was a little on edge.

Even with today's trials, Isaac is still my little man and the best thing that has happened to Shaun and me... We don't even want to trade him in. Through all the tears, aches, and pains that today brought, Isaac was still able to give us plenty of hugs and kisses. Those are two things he is very good at!

Isaac is down for the night so Shaun and I are going to curl up on the couch, watch a movie, and eat ice cream and cookies topped with hot fudge! We'll probably end up stopping the movie and going to bed early. My eyes are already closing and it's only 8:30. Good night!

No comments: