Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's not swagger... I'm just sore!

 
My boys are constantly moaning and groaning and telling me their back and legs hurt... I have no idea where they get it from!
 
No idea...
 
Weeeelllll..... Maybe I have a little idea.....
 
Ok, it's me!
 
Sore is the new me!
 
Having kids kinda puts yourself on hold. No time to work on improving YOU! For almost seven years my "workout" has been my boys. Non stop cleaning up, up and down the stairs, making food, never sitting down, etc. However, in late March I decided that I wanted a workout for me! So, Shaun and I took the plunge and joined crossfit...
 
It's intense!
 
But we are hooked!
 
Thankfully everyone is so wonderful and they welcomed us right in! Yesterday, for Memorial Day, we did a WOD (workout of the day) called "The Murph." It was in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy who was killed serving our country. It was a mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, and finish with another mile run. But, seeing as how that would have killed me, I did half of the pull ups, push ups, and squats. Some hard core crossfitters did the whole WOD with 30-45lbs vests on (the typical weight of the gear that Michael would have worn)!
 
I also love the fact that our boys enjoy being there! They can chill and watch tv/play video games or ride their scooters outside and play hide and go seek. They love swinging on the rings or trying to see how fast they can row. Dodge ball was a big hit with my boys too!
 

some of the kids that come and entertain my kids!

Blake trying to row!

No comments: