Monday, May 14, 2012

Painful Mother's Day

Everyone gets a birthday every year just because they were born. Everyone gets a Christmas, Easter, and Valentines too. But, this holiday we call Mother's Day is earned and paid for by blood, sweat, and tears!

This year, instead of going to church, I took my poor, cranky Blake to the doctors. Blake has been nicknamed Mr. Happy by most of his teachers. They always tell me that he is the one kid that will play and be perfectly content the whole time! This little fact makes it easy to tell when something is wrong. I had never seen him so upset (other than the time I locked him in the car) and fussy! Turns out he had an ear infection and is now on antibiotics. Because he wanted to be held 24/7, which also made for some long nights, my back began to hurt a little. It got worse during the day and then when I bent over to get something out of the cupboard I couldn't stand up! I stretched, took some pain killers, and began to feel a little better a few hours later. Until, I reached down to pick up Blake from his stroller. That was it... I wanted to throw up from the pain! My back was done and I couldn't move. Blake was sick and wanted to be held and I couldn't do anything to comfort him! It's now Monday night and with the help from the chiropractor today, I think I'm going to live! I think! But wait, it gets better... On top of the fever, ear infection, and my broken back, Blake developed spots all over his arms and legs! We've concluded that they are either chicken pox or something that's called hand and foot disease (sounds gross but, I know he's been exposed to both resently). There is no medicine for either of these so they just have to run their course! Shaun left for work this morning but, only because my mom is here and my dad drove in to do some tennis stuff with my brother. They have had to do everything for the boys and me today! I may be the mother of three but I sure felt like the baby today! 
    
 ``````````````````````

For those of you that don't have facebook or live far from us... This was our issue last week. Friday night Parker got a rash. It was worse by Saturday morning so Shaun took him in. The doctor thought he was allergic to something he ate so they did some blood work and put him on steroids in the meantime. Sunday morning was worse but, by Sunday night it was hardly noticeable. What he had still remains a mystery to us due to the fact that all his tests came back normal.
His body was covered!
In case you were wondering about the middle picture... He was watching a movie and needed to hold a gun. He didn't want to go get one so he just used his fingers! He does this often. When his teachers ask him to put his "guns" away for story time he lets them know that they're just pretend so it's ok!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let mecum in yourpussy