Friday, May 18, 2012

My Heartbreakers


A few weeks ago I was feeling very ambitious (not to mention brave) and decided to take the boys to get their pictures taken. Shaun was working and I needed something to do! The boys don't typically do well for "studio" portraits and the last time we went it was a horrible experience. I love the outdoor, natural shots anyway! However, I really wanted pictures so I went knowing it would be a long and difficult process. To my surprise I love how the pictures turned out! You would never know that Blake wouldn't nap before we left and was super tired and that the older two play off each other and were totally crazy! I forgot to scan the pictures before I framed them all over the house. Soooo.... Here are the pictures of the pictures framed all over my house! :)



Count your blessing... Count them one, two, three!

Isaac, today you are 4 1/2 (and 6 days) years old. Thankfully you are my healthy child and I never have to worry about taking your temperature! However, if you had a volume control button, I would constantly be turning you down. You're a goof and we're always telling you to be normal. But, you can focus and you can be very serious so we're not too worried. You ask a lot of questions about the Bible and you can't wait to get to heaven to see what new body God gives you. You're still not sure how he's going to do it but, there's the child like faith I wish I still had. I love when you try and explain all this stuff to Parker too. It shows me that you're really listening and that you understand what you're learning at church. Thanks for letting us love you and for being a great big, big brother!  


Parker, today you are 2 1/2 years old. I just look at pictures of you and can't help but get a huge smile on my face! I even had to sign a release form for this picture because the photographer loved it and wanted to use it in her portfolio! It's been rough for you lately. Spots galore. Last week was an allergic reaction and this week may have been hand, foot, mouth. Or was it an allergic reaction again? You keep us guessing! I love that you have hit the "why?" stage and that you bug Isaac with questions instead of me! Your prayers at night are so precious. You pray for your attitude and that it will be good and not bad. You are still obsessed with Star Wars and call me Princess Leia more than mommy! Thanks for always making me laugh and for being a terrific little, big brother!

Blake, today you are 9 months old. You are 22 1/2 pounds of solid love! You've had quite the week too. Tooth number five broke through, fever of 102, ear infection, and the chicken pox! Where these things are coming from... We'd like to know! I know you're mine but, I truly believe you are one of the cutest babies in the world! Everything about you is beautiful! I love your deep laugh and how you squeal with delight! You still have no interest in crawling but, seeing as how we're taking a five hour plane ride in a week and a half (Hawaii, wohoo!) I'm ok with that. You'll be much more content to just sit there! Thanks for going with the flow and being a perfect little, little brother!   

1 comment:

Keri Sheckler said...

The pictures of your boys are WONDERFUL. I'm very impressed that all three came out great.