Thursday, September 1, 2011

Post pregnancy thoughts/facts/useless information

I am so glad I had Blake BEFORE summer came! Yes, summer doesn't come to Southern Cali 'til the middle of August... One question: Why did it even have to come!?

At first I thought Blake was a quieter sleeper than Isaac and Parker. Last night he proved me wrong! He grunted like crazy ALL night long! This boy has some major gas issues!

It's super hard to find anything in my closet that fits and is convenient for nursing!

Blake is going to have huge personality! Check out this face!

Milk coming in and nursing contractions are way worse then anything I felt during labor and delivery!

I love the smell of baby breathe!

I love that Isaac and Parker have adjusted so well to Blake! Right now Blake is sleeping in the swing and Isaac is begging to hold him!

Getting up at night to feed Blake isn't exhausting. What IS exhausting is when I feed, change, re-wrap him, put him back in the bassinet, and then I hear a lot of grunting followed by a big juicy toot! The vicious cycle begins again!

I love that Shaun can wrap his big, strong arms around me and there is no belly to get in the way... Just the sounds of chaos in the background!

I am planning to be in Hawaii for my 30th birthday. That gives me 9 months to slim down and find a cute bathing suit!!! :)

When I was pregnant I couldn't shave my legs 'cause my belly was in the way. But now I can't shave my legs 'cause I don't have time...

I smell like spit up!

My wish for diapers has been granted! Amazing friends and our Bible Study class has been so generous! See. And this was just the beginning!

  Blake has his own room but in his two weeks of life I don't think he's even been in it!

I can't believe Blake's already two weeks old!

I love how Parker says, "Baby Bake!"

This messy loft energizes me! The boys are usually good at cleaning up but some days I would rather do it myself. I need to make sure toys are put back in their rightful spot so when one goes missing, I know exactly where to find it!

I am beyond thirsty ALL the time! Blake is sucking me dry! I never have to go to the bathroom either. I guess that's a good thing though 'cause I don't have time to go anymore!

Sometimes I still feel Blake move inside me!

Had my first outing with the boys the other day and it was a success! Oh how I missed Target!

I am so thankful for all the meals friends and family has brought us. They started two days after Blake was born and are set to continue through September! Amazing!

Blake is definitely the little brother, but he's learning to deal with it... Or should I say "sleep through it"!

Last, but not least: My mom had my older brother in November and then 3 years and 9 months later, in August, during their 7th year of marriage, had my little sister. I had Isaac in November and then 3 years and 9 months later, in August, during my 7th year of marriage, had Blake! So crazy, but pretty cool!

1 comment:

Marcella said...

I can't believe Blake is already 2 weeks old! :)It's already going fast!