Thursday, March 24, 2011

Passing the time...

 I really like Shaun's work schedule, typically. He works for two days straight and then is home for four. I try and stay busy his two days gone otherwise I go crazy. Morning to night, to sometimes even midnight, it's all me! It can be crazy, but I've learned (am learning) how to make it work.

Well, this past week has been rough. His "typical" schedule has pretty much flipped. He worked three days, was off for only two, and was back for FOUR!!! I am craving tomorrow morning when he finally gets home. I vaguely remember him kissing me good-bye Monday morning. My nose has gotten worse this week so several of the days, I was running on two hours of sleep. AND because of all of the rain, I couldn't just let the boys out to ride their bikes while I relaxed on the swing. Oh no, I had to entertain. Parker enjoyed riding his bike in the house while Isaac and I learned about mixing primary colors to make new colors. He thought it was the coolest thing. Thankfully we also had several big outings to help pass the time.

Shaun, these pictures/videos are for you. We wish you could have been with us on all these adventures, but don't worry, Isaac can't wait to take you back to each and everyone of them! We love you!!!
A sunny day!!! Feeding the ducks at the park!

 
After feeding the ducks we enjoyed this circus looking park! It was so cool!  


Another day we enjoyed some gymnastics. Of course the highlight was the mosh pit!
(click on the collage to see "the belly." If you think the bump looks small... IT'S NOT!!! Why else do you think I put these pictures in?)


They also had swings, a jump house (Isaac's friend Austin joined us), climbers, trampolines, bars, etc. Everything a typical gym would have plus more!

Today we headed to PennyPickle with our Mops group. It is a children's museum in Temecula that has tons of hands on inventions/experiments. Of course most of our kids were too young to really understand or even care how all these things worked, but they still loved touching EVERYTHING that clicked, dinged, lit up, blew air, and moved! Most of my pictures were of the backs of their heads because there was so much for them to see and do... No time to smile for the camera!
  
Isaac has finally figured out what little brothers are for... ;)

Hurry home Shaun/Daddy! 'Cause these Batmans are still going strong!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica! What a sweet post of all the great times you had with your boys this week! I LOVED the video of Parker feeding Isaac!! So cute! We don't get to see you much so it is nice to watch your family grow on here.

Ruth

Unknown said...

Love the video of Parker feeding Isaac! Priceless! Looks like you had a lot of fun and kept busy...but you forgot about St. Patrick's Day at the Burtons :) LOL